Home

This game gets harder as the season goes along

This is a discussion on This game gets harder as the season goes along within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2003, 12:15 AM   #33
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: This game gets harder as the season goes along

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Make that 6 losses in a row. I am now 7-7, I lost to freaking Arizona.

Sounds like the Chargers. Remember last year or two years ago when they started 6-1 and then failed to make the playoffs?
wow! you started 7-1 but you're collaspsing down the stretch. SWEET!!! Oh I mean...man that sux.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #34
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Lugosi2002 said:
Well it's funny that i can beat a team fairly handidly in the regular season but come playoff time that team is a whole lot tougher...ESPN has no comeback code? Then I must be awful in the 4th qtr.....

isnt that how it is in real life?
Old 09-14-2003, 03:44 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Im in the second year of my franchise with the redskins and in my first season I had a midseason collaspe and finised with a 10-6 record (started 8-2). I upgraded in the offseason and had a team rating of 88. but both my new DTs got hurt in preason but I still managed to start the season 5-0. As soon as I got both my DTs back, Trotter(5weeks)and Coles(4weeks) get hurt. Then my rookie DT Keller gets hurt in his first game back(3weeks) and I go 3-3 . Now this doesn't really sound odd at all, but the odd thing is I HAVE NOT beated Dallas yet. Dispite going 3-13 in year won and being 1-6 in our first meeting of this season, I haven't won a game against the 'boys in 3 games. I think VC programmed some kind of new "streak" or something. They haven't dominated at all and Quincy Carter has sucked *** all three times I've played them, but Terrence Newman OWNS me. He has picked me off 14 times in 3 games and I have thrown 17 picks total against them. I can't run the ball or pass the ball against them. I had the leading rusher in Betts this season, but he only got 1.2 ypc in the last game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

At one point, I was #2 in the power rankings. I will have to win my last 2 games and have a little help to make the playoffs. Hopefully I won't get fired.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

well im in my second season with the jags in my first season i started off the season wanting to trade mark brunell and start leftwich but no one wanted him (deja vu) so i benched him and played leftwich he played like a rookie but was good at times i finshed the season 6-10 i had no d and one wide reciever worth mentioning jimmy smith and fred was a injury prone cat so in the off season i traded taylor for a closer first round pick it was hard cause it seems the cpu cant be taken anymore u really have to give up something to get something anyway so i drafted a running back a wide out and a corner got some good pick during free agency picked up onterio smith in the f/a market . so i started the season 9-0 i was like man this is too damn easy then i play the bungles to my surprise they beat me fair and square so i looked at their power ranking and record they were 5-4 and 9 power ranking so then i played the raiders and they beat me also so now im second in the afc behind the raiders (tie breaker) we both are 12- 2 its going down to the wire. now i realize i had a cup cake schedule. this game is deep man
Old 09-15-2003, 07:40 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

How do you "know for a fact" there is no comeback mode in the game? It seems to me that the CPU's team players tougher in the 4th quarter without fail. They can't stop my back all game and then he can't get the yards he needs in the fourth. Their Fullbacks are making one handed catches in traffic 20 yards down the field. All of a sudden your linemen move out of the way for rushers in the fourth quarter. If that's not comeback AI, I would really like to know what is.

About the Franchise Mode getting tougher, that is a very realistic part of the game. I notice that teams often shifted to the direction I like to run the ball in. Usually I run to my right because I don't like running to my left. It was amazing to notice that happen. I do think this game is one of the most immersive sports games ever made. It is definitely one of the best ever.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:54 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can i ask a stupid question to the guy that are complaining about the comeback AI ?
thank you

Have you turned off the option that keeps games close ?
Old 09-15-2003, 08:02 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Tampa Bay couldn't do squat yesterday until the 4th. Damn comeback AI in the NFL too. Plus a blocked extra point and 2 blocked FG's by Carolina. I think the blocking sliders need to be tweaked some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »