Home

This game gets harder as the season goes along

This is a discussion on This game gets harder as the season goes along within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2003, 08:40 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: This game gets harder as the season goes along

I dont buy this comeback AI claim either. I've won some close games by breaking things open in the fourth, comeback AI would have kicked in and stopped me either by causing a fumble or something.

I love how teams adjust, I beat Carolina handedly the first time, but just lost a nail biter by two points. I had three starters out on defense, specifically in my secondary and they took advantage. Plus, whenever I have a 3rd and short, I sub in TJ Duckett and pound it up the middle. This game, I got stuffed four straight times. The final time was on a fourth and in. with me behind and the clock showing under 2 minutes. I just knew I could convert it so I ran TJ up the gut and got stuffed. On the replay, I could see Carolina's linebacker #55 reading the play and setting up for my run. The funny thing is, when I came to the los, it looked like the cpu was predicting a short pass but they would adjust right before the snap disguising their coverage. Now I'm 7-5, but my schedule should lighten up a tad. Cant wait to get home and get a few games in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2003, 08:47 AM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

ZoneBlitz said:
How do you "know for a fact" there is no comeback mode in the game? It seems to me that the CPU's team players tougher in the 4th quarter without fail. They can't stop my back all game and then he can't get the yards he needs in the fourth. Their Fullbacks are making one handed catches in traffic 20 yards down the field. All of a sudden your linemen move out of the way for rushers in the fourth quarter. If that's not comeback AI, I would really like to know what is.

About the Franchise Mode getting tougher, that is a very realistic part of the game. I notice that teams often shifted to the direction I like to run the ball in. Usually I run to my right because I don't like running to my left. It was amazing to notice that happen. I do think this game is one of the most immersive sports games ever made. It is definitely one of the best ever.

I know for a fact, because I talk to the guy that would have put it in the game on the phone several times a week. He is not a big fan of comeback AI, and it's not in the game. The CPU does adjust to your playcalling tendencies, but thats part of football.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:49 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

That explains my 6 game loosing streak. I was averaging 128 yds per game on the ground my first 8 games. Haven't broke 100 since.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I noticed that my run got stopped blatantly by O linemen basically letting the d line in..... I got mad... but i adjusted and it got better, i earn EVERY yard....

but

When its a close game though and i may be up by like 4 or so... (this has happened 6 times) i will hand it to priest and he will FUMBLE.... i even predicted it twice.... it pissed me off...
Old 09-15-2003, 07:07 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Well, after starting 7-1 and I found my self with a 8-7 record going into the last week. I needed to beat the Giants in New York, and I needed Seattle to beat the 49ers.

Early in the second quarter I see that Seattle beat the 49ers so I just needed a win. 3 Int's in the first half killed me, but I managed to take a 14-13 halftime lead. The Giants only had 70 yds of offense in the first half. I score first in the 2nd half and go up 21-13, kick off and they ran it back for a TD. My first every TD given up on a kick off. They go for 2 and miss so I am up 21-19 late in the 3rd. Very next possesion R. Pette fumbles and they have great field positon, held them to a FG and go down 22-21. A FG by me and a TD by NYG and the score is now 26-24 GIants with 3 minutes left. I drove down field and kicked a 47 yd FG with 4 seconds left for the Win ! 27-26.

Probably the most nerv racking game ever. So now I have to play the Giants again in New York in the Wild Card game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Cool story heelfan!
The fact that the defense adapts and adjusts just thrills me to no end.
I don't I've ever had to think as hard and as much in playing a sports game as this game makes me do.
A game where the A.I. makes good audible changes, and I have to make audible changes to counter them, etc. and you feel like you've earned the first down, or the touchdown, etc. -- instead of -- just finding cheap ways to beat the A.I. because it falls for them almost everytime.
ESPN feels a bit like the chessmatch the football somewhat is.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:21 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

I completely agree.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

The_Beastmaster said:

Which is why I love online play against a good opponent so much. It's not just who's better at button mashing, it's who's better at calling plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »