Home

While the new graphics are awesome...

This is a discussion on While the new graphics are awesome... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #33
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: While the new graphics are awesome...

Lugosi,

I've yet to play Madden, I will rent it soon. In ESPN, I feel the CPU passing is more than adequate. Happy Gaming, whichever game you choose!
Old 09-13-2003, 06:04 PM   #34
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Lugosi2002 said:
I will give it more time. I am not trying to down the game. I think it's a lot better than last year. As i said in another post i may have been expecting too much. The game is good. And yes all video games (especially sports games) are up to critical analysis. There's almost no way to incorporate the total experience. Sega comes closer than most. I also hate Madden. I haven't liked it for years. But for some reason this years version was very good with the exception of the player models which to me are way too generic looking . Plus the game itself is getting dated. madden is as always terrible as a commentator (to me he isn't a whole lot better in real life) in it. Al Michaels is good but you feel like they are not in the booth together and this hurts it badly. But they do throw enough 15-20 yard passes. I watched the Vikes game against the Packers last wek. There were plenty of long throws.

I don't mean to be critical and it is only my opinion. But i just feel overall that Madden is a better game this season. I mean overall video game. Not just the football game itself.

Overall, a strong argument can be made for Madden as the better game, but on the field, to say that Madden is better is totally laughable. But that's my opinion. It just surprises me that people will claim that the AI doesn't throw much longer passes than there were last year. AND, noone considers their OWN part in how the AI plays. If you play the AI deep, they will take you short. No of these people care whether or not going deep is the smart thing to do or not. They just want to see it. Well, if you are that bent on seeing a deep pass, cheat up. Call Key Zone or something. These thread are really really old and folks with only 10-30 posts are normally the one's starting them.

It's a shame that people want to find things to complain about. If you are that bent on finding fault with the game, why did you bother buying it? Really? Shouldn't you just enjoy the game? After 30 games, you can't TELL that the only thing you get from it is that the AI didn't throw deep ENOUGH on you, that it just ruined that 24-21 nail-biter that you won on a last minute interception to stop their drive... A forum isn't just a place to voice issues, but to share joy. Where is the balance? Can't you appreciate the fact that it's pretty obvious that VC at least WORKED on almost EVERY major gripe everyone had? I guess not. Let's just look for a reason to not like game. THAT sounds like fun.

Man, I have a LAUNDRY list of issues for this game. But you know, I put them in my back pocket until it's time to put that wishlist together. I don't voice my issues for EITHER game really because I don't think it's right for me to ruin the experience for other people. I DO feel it's my right to voice my opinion to the developers. And I do that when I'm fairly certain that they will see it. With so much "garbage" for the developers to sift through, I would not be surprised if just start tuning this stuff out. THAT is the danger in these kinds of post. Little hint: when someone says that they are "trying to like this game", normally it means, they are "trying to find issues with this game so that I can justify sticking with my game, but I want to pretend to be open-minded and fair".

Trust me, the game is NOwhere near perfect, but the problem with your post is that you are using an old blanket excuse to put the game down. One that has CLEARLY been worked on. If you really have paid that much attention to the game, you could find MUCH better material. NEW material at that. I know I have after about 15 games. But that's just me.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:18 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow i didn't realize one thing i said wrong was going to be taken so hard...It's JMO...Not gospel...had i come here saying Madden was a dud i would have been treated like a king. Well if tha't the way it is about posting here then i am sorry. i won't ever say another bad thing about this precious game. but the fact is you can get just as many people on a Madden board saying that this game sucks. Does that make them right? Hell No! It's just an opinion. They think that Madden is a lot better on the field...or do you think they play it for the strling commentary? Enough said. i am done here. Sorry I bothered. I honestly mean that. Have a good one people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

Lugosi2002 said:
Wow i didn't realize one thing i said wrong was going to be taken so hard...It's JMO...Not gospel...had i come here saying Madden was a dud i would have been treated like a king. Well if tha't the way it is about posting here then i am sorry. i won't ever say another bad thing about this precious game. but the fact is you can get just as many people on a Madden board saying that this game sucks. Does that make them right? Hell No! It's just an opinion. They think that Madden is a lot better on the field...or do you think they play it for the strling commentary? Enough said. i am done here. Sorry I bothered. I honestly mean that. Have a good one people.

If you don't like the game don't play it.

Simple as that , if you prefer madden go to that forum now & leve us gamers who truly love this game alone.

Grow up ya damn crybaby & if you don't like something leave it alone

, peace
Old 09-13-2003, 11:00 PM   #37
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

I just played the 49ers with the bears. And needless to say I had trouble with TO. Garcia threw to early bombs of 32 yards and one of 36 yards against my MAn cover 2 defense so I can't say the cpu doesn't trhow deep cause they just killed me with it.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:26 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

only thing i dont like about the game is the way balls and body parts still go through a player like they are a ghost.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:02 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6

Humm....besides first person mode, I haven't seen any clipping yet!! none at all
Old 09-14-2003, 12:26 AM   #40
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

yeah,the only place you will see clipping is in the replays, but who cares?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »