Home

Editing RBs is best...not sliders

This is a discussion on Editing RBs is best...not sliders within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2003, 07:44 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Editing RBs is best...not sliders

You realy have to lower the break tackle rating by 10 points for each RB in order to stop the superman-like running. There should be no break tackle rating about 82 or so.

I did this and it makes a world of difference! It takes about 10 mins to do the whole leagure...try it...and leave running sliders at All-Pro level so players play like they are rated.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Editing RBs is best...not sliders

FYI...I have the two biggest break tackle guys as Williams at 82 and Alstott at 81. Most everyone else falls into the mid-70's category, with some in high 60's. Basically, just subtract 10 from current rating, but use 82 as like your top out number.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

capa said:
You realy have to lower the break tackle rating by 10 points for each RB in order to stop the superman-like running. There should be no break tackle rating about 82 or so.

I did this and it makes a world of difference! It takes about 10 mins to do the whole leagure...try it...and leave running sliders at All-Pro level so players play like they are rated.

C

You know, that's a good idea. Do you play at ALL PRO default after the RB adjustments??
Old 09-14-2003, 08:37 AM   #4
Banned

I play at a modified All Pro level with a few tweaks here and there...but leave Running slider in middle at All Pro level. I did bump up receiving slider and lowere kicking slider to 0.

My goal is to get the game to use the actual player attributes as opposed to having sliders increase them to unrealistic settings...I think All Pro is the setting where attributes matter most.

Changing the break tackle attibute for all players is the key to getting a realistic running game...I am convinced from the play testing I have seen. Before doing this Williams and others were gaining 185 - 210 yards most of the time! This usually was done with 2 breakaway runs per game where they'd break 4 or 5 tackles and scamper for like 60 yards. Their YPC average was like 6 or 7. After the changes they are still getting their 100 yard games but their YPC is down to between 3 and 4, and the average runners even less.

C
Old 09-14-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I think I am gonna do what someone said in the Sliders Thread and lower them by a percentage to make it more uniform. So I start with lowering Ricky Williams by 10. Since his Break Tackle rating is a 92 then dropping it by 10 would be a drop of 11%. So if Alstott's break tackle rating is 91 then dropping it by 11% would leave him at 81. But if a guy with a 76 break tackle is decreased by 11% his rating would drop to 68.

This is the formula:

Drop=(11*X)/100
where X=the current rating and Drop=the number that you will drop that current rating by.

I got a question for ya though. How will you handle this in franchise mode? Or will their rating ever rise up that high?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2003, 08:44 AM   #6
Banned

Yeah...good point...that is a more scientific way of doing it. I just wanted to see if an overall drop of 10 points made a difference..amd thankfully it does.

I don't know the ramification in franchise mode or what newly created players will be rated. I don't tend to play multiple seasons due to time constraints, but I can see how this might be an issue for those that do...
Old 09-14-2003, 08:50 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

capa said:
Yeah...good point...that is a more scientific way of doing it. I just wanted to see if an overall drop of 10 points made a difference..amd thankfully it does.

I don't know the ramification in franchise mode or what newly created players will be rated. I don't tend to play multiple seasons due to time constraints, but I can see how this might be an issue for those that do...

I'm not into multiple seasons either. I'm going to make the 11% adjustments on the BREAK TACK. and go from there. Any tweaks you make after that, why don't you post them on the Slider sticky?
Old 09-14-2003, 08:52 AM   #8
Banned

Will do...will fire up the game after breakfats and do that...let me know what you think after testing it out.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »