Home

I really don't see what the big deal is about "owner mode".

This is a discussion on I really don't see what the big deal is about "owner mode". within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2003, 09:43 AM   #17
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I really don\'t see what the big deal is about \"owner mode\".

if you take from madden:
1) the salary structure with signing bonuses.
2) the hiring of coaches, with the career accomplishments.
3) and let the owner decisions be an optional decision.

with from ESPN:

1) the email system.
2) the rookie scouting and draft. being able to scout from week 8 makes ESPN better.
3) the gameplan that allows your players to virtually "practice" during the week to get better.

we would have a perfect franchise owner mode.

i like both. i am more of a GM type person, but the owner mode has some really, really cool features.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:50 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

if you like owner mode use it. if you don't turn it off. I happen to thing it is fun but can understand how other dont like it. It better to have it and not want it, then to want and not have it.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:08 AM   #19
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I like Maddens owner mode. The franchise in Madden is way better than ESPNs IMO.

In ESPN, they dont have to many stats for one. They're missing things like Yds per game and O-Line stats. And 2, dont have a good team stat overlay that shows everything seperatly and you only have just "Team stats" that compile everything together from each team in the league. Then, they dont have a news section that shows things happening around the league besides injuries.

Although I do enjoy the struggles you go through with contracts, free agaent ccontracts, trades and salary cap issues. Its more realistic in Madden because in Madden you can just about sign anyone in free agency because you have so mush cap room.

But the things I like in Owner mode was the signing of coaches, the sponsorship deals, the training staff you have to sign, and the relocating and uniform changing. All thos things(except unis) factored in how much money you were able to spend on big money players and create a dynasty. I admit, that it probably was easy in Madden to create a dynasty thanks to all that cap room. In ESPN, its a lot tougher to create a super bowl contender and thats the only aspect of ESPns franchise I enjoy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »