Home

Overpowered Running Game?

This is a discussion on Overpowered Running Game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2003, 04:01 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Overpowered Running Game?

Move the tackling slider up a few notches, problem solved. pretty simple concept but everyone still complains about broken tackles.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:55 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't and I use default sliders. It's all in how you contain them. These NFL runningbacks aren't push-overs and you have to learn how to stop them without adjusting any sliders. It's plain and simple if you have a weak run D then go out and get a better D-line and if your secondary couldn't stop a runny nose get better DBs. It's very simple. You also have to call the right plays for the right situation that way you won't have a problem stopping any good backs and/or recievers.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:03 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

inkcil said:
Guys, just face the fact that it takes more than one person to tackle these RBs. Gang tackle. When you see the first person hitting a RB, highlight the next closest defender and bring him into the fray before the first tackle gets broken. Otherwise, you'll be posting about how RB's break tackles for the next 20 years. I have NEVER had a RB break a gang tackle on this game! Have fun!

That's bullsh--t though. It doesn't always require a gang tackle or having the back slowed down by another defender. I had Ronald McKinnon with a 94 tackle rating get brushed off by the average at best Michael Pittman. But, like I said you can contain the yardage but the fact remains that their shouldn't be so many broken tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2003, 06:16 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

The tackleing in the NFL is horrible been like that for the past 10 years. More hitting and drag down than actually tackleing. I do pretty good job tackleing both online (dolphins) and offline (cowboys). Go to the lab (practice mode) and work on your tackleing.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:20 AM   #13
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I've found the best way to stop the RBs is to hit them before they get their forward momentum going. I've had a bunch of weak tackles take down RBs b/c I got them before they got going.

If that doesn't work, you better pray you've got 3 or 4 other guys trailing the play.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:53 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Quote:

inkcil said:
Guys, just face the fact that it takes more than one person to tackle these RBs. Gang tackle. When you see the first person hitting a RB, highlight the next closest defender and bring him into the fray before the first tackle gets broken. Otherwise, you'll be posting about how RB's break tackles for the next 20 years. I have NEVER had a RB break a gang tackle on this game! Have fun!

That's bullsh--t though. It doesn't always require a gang tackle or having the back slowed down by another defender. I had Ronald McKinnon with a 94 tackle rating get brushed off by the average at best Michael Pittman. But, like I said you can contain the yardage but the fact remains that their shouldn't be so many broken tackles.

Yeah, it's pretty infuriating when you scheme correctly, get your best tackler free, and then he misses the tackle half the time. It should not be that way. I've raised the tackling slider, though, and it certainly seems to have helped.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

ive noticed its ezier to get them down when you have them running east and west, once they get forward momemtum any back is hard to stop 1 on 1. (yes in real life too).

once they get goin forward its hard to stop a RB dead in its tracks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »