Home

Had a Great Game on XBL today

This is a discussion on Had a Great Game on XBL today within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Had a Great Game on XBL today

Its Ravens vs. MY Redskins. It was a really high scoring game, which is unusual for my games. Im not going to say the official score, because its kind of embarrassing. In the 4th quarter we just kept trading touchdowns. He puts a nice drive together after I score under 2 minutes(putting me up 4). He finally has a 3rd and long on my 42 with about 20 secs left. He throws it to Travis Taylor and its swatted down by Champ Bailey. But theres a flag on the play, pass interference. He gets it at my 15, then runs it with Jamal Lewis for about 5 and calls a TO. He has 1 left, but he chooses to pass on 2nd down and it gets tipped at the line but still falls into Heaps hands, TD. He goes up. He kicks it off to Chad Morton and I return it to about the 26. On first down, I do a post route to Coles and get 14 and then use my last time out. I know have the ball at my 40 with 3 secs left. I choose a Hail Mary. I buy time with Ramsey by scrambling through his wide blitz, between the tackle and guard. I wait til the last second to lob it down the field getting it off right before the DE who overran the play hits me. Its going to Rod Gardner who has somehow gotten behind the prevent defense. It hits Gardner in stride at the 8 yard line, this is usually when a safety or corner grabs his legs and brings him down, but it doesn't happen this time. He just barely misses Gardner's ankles and I get the game winning TD. Needless to say, I looked at that replay a few times, probably pissing him off. I wish I could have saved it.

For every game like this though, theres a whole lot of bad ones. I think for now on I'm just going to quit if someone is choosing Bucs, Dolphins, Eagles, or Raiders. Because that is starting to piss me off, those people have no talent and yet they sometimes beat me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Had a Great Game on XBL today

Yeah, we no-talents are a pain in the ***. I must be, since I'm a Raider fan and choose the Raiders.

J/K. Do what you gotta do to enjoy yourself.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

TCrouch said:
Yeah, we no-talents are a pain in the ***. I must be, since I'm a Raider fan and choose the Raiders.

Yeah TC you no talent bandwagon player.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

i hate when people hit the replay after the instant replay was already shown. That is very annoying. I always quit the game even if im winning when someone does this.

Old 09-15-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had an awesome game too. I'm currently ranked 700something, and I was putting the smack down on a low 200something. Then I got disconnected! AWESOME!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

i was playing last night against someone who would replay every time he got a sack
Old 09-17-2003, 01:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

TCrouch said:

Im not talking about people that are actually fans. I think that most of them arent, and if they are theyre bandwagon fans. Regardless, Its not that I dont want to play these people. I just dont feel like playing a game where I may lose just because of the team they choose. Plus, I'm sick of playing the same 4 teams every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »