Home

NFL2k4: Possible Special Teams Flaw

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: Possible Special Teams Flaw within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #9
Rookie

rabigjb's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NFL2k4: Possible Special Teams Flaw

PS2 version, and have never seen it. Default controller config.

I use the X button to speed burst / charge up. Hit the square button to dive on occasion. One time, I accidentally hit the L1 button, and that made me jump.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:42 AM   #10
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I can honestly say while playing a ton of games on both the PS2 and XBOX versions I have never seen this, from either myself or my opponent.

Of course now that I say that, I will probably see it happen in the next game I play.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Chodite24 said:
how are you guys not seeing this? it happens in both the Xbox and PS2 versions! question to those who say they've never seen it - what button do you press to tackle while on special teams?

Chod,

So this has happened to you too? Any other time 'X' will dive tackle at the opponent. But for some dumb reason, 'X' on Special Teams coverage makes your man jump in the air. I am using the default control settings too. I can't figure this out. Is it even possible to get a 'buggy' game disk that differs from the majority of game disks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 09:59 AM   #12
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I've had it happen, but I was very SLIGHTLY pulling one of the triggers as I hit X. The trigger registered, which made my player jump straight up. It's tough to believe, but you barely touch that trigger and the guy jumps...I would almost guarantee you rested your finger a little too hard on either L or R.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:03 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

Yeah thats it...........You have to wait till you're on a block before you hit it or your guy will jump...
Old 09-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #14
Pro

Chodite24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

[b]
Chod,

So this has happened to you too? Any other time 'X' will dive tackle at the opponent. But for some dumb reason, 'X' on Special Teams coverage makes your man jump in the air. I am using the default control settings too. I can't figure this out. Is it even possible to get a 'buggy' game disk that differs from the majority of game disks?

yeah, it's happening to me but on the PS2 version.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

if u hit the L1 button they will jump before u encounter a blocker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 11:01 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey TCrouch,

This is something I will concentrate on tonight. I will make a conscious effort not to touch the triggers when I hit 'X' to attempt my tackle. I honestly cannot recollect whether or not I have been leaning on the triggers when I hit 'X' on Special Teams.

Something else. I have also noticed, just by experimentation, that my guy will jump straight in the air, even when I am 10 or 20 yards from the play, instead of diving like he should. You don't think that you have to actually be touching the ball carrier before you hit 'X' do you? I hope not. This would make no sense. The idea behind the dive tackle is to bring him down BEFORE he has the opportunity to stiff arm you, juke you, or spin away from you.

Thoughts?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »