Home

Running with the Bills

This is a discussion on Running with the Bills within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Running with the Bills

For anyone playing with the Bills, are you having any success running the ball? I am using Noles old sliders and I am really struggling with the ground attack. It seems I get the ball, take one step with Henry and I already have 2 or 3 DL in the backfield. I am no video football wizard, but I have played these games long enough to know to wait for the play to develop and hit the holes that the play is designed for.

I guess my question is this: Is Buffalo's running game rated low in this game or do I need to adjust some sliders? I like a challenge, but my futility is a tad too frustrating.

Thanks for any insight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 02:11 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 23
Re: Running with the Bills

I played an All-Pro game with Buffalo against Miami. It was raining so I ran the ball 40 times and had 287yds with Henry. It was the most yards I had with one player in a game.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I always scramble my QB for around 5 yards mostly, rather than to use rush play. Be careful with the scramble though, since there is a high tendency of being sack deep. But if succesful you could get around 10 to 15 yards, which is much better than what you could get from a rushing play. I always fail on my rushing play in All-Pro. Nut don't take it from me, I am just a newbie.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

keep it at defauld all-pro. then play a franchize. you will get many yards if the first 5 weeks, but then they start adjusting to your tendancies in the latter weeks.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:09 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

The problem with the sliders I've seen is that they don't address what I belive to be the most obvious issue in the game...

The blocking on both sides of the ball (Humand and CPU) stinks...

I've spent 100 hours so far playing and looking at replays and I rarely see pockets form...blitzes picked up...or proper run blocking on sweeps and counters etc...

second level blocking is worse...

I'm develping a slider set where both the human and CPU blocking is around 30-35 and the run slider is around all-pro default for the human and at near zero for the CPU...

I hate the arcadey spinning and unrealistic tackle breaking that goes on with the CPU backs so i'm giving them holes to hit rather than giving them superhuman abilities...lol...

Don't let others influence YOUR gameplay...make a slider set that gets you where you want to be...no matter how 'easy or cheesy' they might seem...

I almost gave up and went back to Madden...until I decided to switch from the lowly Cardinals to my hometown team the Bills...

then I messed with the sliders until I got T. Henry at 4.4 per for a few games in a row...

I'll post my set soon...

But...I refuse to use 'the charge' (too arcadey IMO) so my set reflects that decision...

Keep pitchin'...the game is worth it...I'm 100 hours in and I'm just starting to see realistic football...

best to all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 07:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been able to run the ball well with the Bills. TH is not as dominant as some of the other RB's in the game, but he can still get some speed outside and has some power for draws up the middle. It seems like I don't do as well with him on weak side plays, however. I also make good yardage throwing screens to him. Gash always gets me a couple of good runs up the middle. Oddly enough, the one game where I struggled to get rushing yards was against JAX, and the next day TH only had 26yds in the real game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »