Home

This Game Has Problems!

This is a discussion on This Game Has Problems! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6
This Game Has Problems!

I have been having a blast with this game, but it has been to easy on pro, so I bumped it up to all-pro, and the BS begins. I can understand if I just suck, but I am sick of being picked off on a 15 yard pass by a guy who jumps 10 yards in front of my receiver. That is just wrong.

I'm tired of holding the CPU on 3rd and short, and then they go for it on 4th over and over again outside of their 20 in the first quarter.

There are a ton more broken tackles when you crank it up to all-pro. I can understand this, but I'm sick of smacking D.Staley who is an average rb at best with a full meter, and I just get thrown to the ground. That being the 3rd tackle that they broke.

The O Line does not block for crap on all pro, at least with the 49ers. I have 3 guys in the backfield most times as soon as I get the ball, and I pass a lot more than I run. The difficulty has to go up I understand, but the BS shouldn't have to.

That is one hell of a learning curve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: This Game Has Problems!

Sorry, man. I mean, All-Pro is hard, but I'm not having THAT much trouble. If you're charged up and hit a guy square on, without diving, he ain't breakin' nothin'.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

xxzone said:
I have been having a blast with this game, but it has been to easy on pro, so I bumped it up to all-pro, and the BS begins. I can understand if I just suck, but I am sick of being picked off on a 15 yard pass by a guy who jumps 10 yards in front of my receiver. That is just wrong.

Never seen it.

I'm tired of holding the CPU on 3rd and short, and then they go for it on 4th over and over again outside of their 20 in the first quarter.

Never seen it

There are a ton more broken tackles when you crank it up to all-pro. I can understand this, but I'm sick of smacking D.Staley who is an average rb at best with a full meter, and I just get thrown to the ground. That being the 3rd tackle that they broke.

Take proper angles

The O Line does not block for crap on all pro, at least with the 49ers. I have 3 guys in the backfield most times as soon as I get the ball, and I pass a lot more than I run. The difficulty has to go up I understand, but the BS shouldn't have to.

That is one hell of a learning curve.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
Captain Sarcastic

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Sorry, man. I mean, All-Pro is hard, but I'm not having THAT much trouble. If you're charged up and hit a guy square on, without diving, he ain't breakin' nothin'.

Thanks man. HAHAH Maybe I should quit diving :P
Old 09-17-2003, 01:58 PM   #5
Captain Sarcastic

Correction them going for it on 4th down was inside niner teritory under 2 min. They went for it on 4 and 2 which sure I can rationalize that. But then I held them the next 3 plays, and they went for it on 4th an 12, and of course another thing I forgot that even happend on pro towards the ends of each half is I go hit with pass interferance, and I was not controlling the guy. There are a ton more penalties a lot of the times for the CPU towards the end of the half, and it just gets me flustered. I love the game, I just got flustered.

Least my controller is not buster. Well at least I don't think so, haven't checked it since I tossed it and shut it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #6
Pro

The broken tackles can seem to be a bit high at times. I've heard a lot of people have had success by bumping up the Tackling and Pursuit sliders 5 notches in all-pro with good results
Old 09-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #7
Captain Sarcastic

I'm going to mess with the sliders eventually, but I want to see what the big to do with the 100% complete crib is. Thanks for the advice though.

I think all-pro is the level that it came in the beta that I got, cause cpu/human sliders were all even, but they called it pro then?? Anyway I remember it being this hard, and it is very realistic on all pro. You do much better with short passes ect. I just got use to pro, and now I have to go through the trouble of toneing down my plays to 5 yards I'm gussing

Oh but I do love rolling out with garcia every chance I get, even when the play is not set up for it. If my D-Line gives me enough room to do so, It seems to make someone cheat up, and receivers can get open easier.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sigh...
The CPU has only once gone for it on 4th and short against me on All-Pro difficulty, except for late in the game when the CPU team is way behind and it's a situation where I would go for it as well.
Some things to consider:
Is your O line made up of 1st and second year players? If so, their aggressiveness and/or consistency rating is garbage, and they tend to get burned more often, regardless of their pass or run blocking ability. Aggressiveness is a huge rating for offensive linemen.

If all-pro rating, where the CPU and you have an even playing field, is too difficult, then Maybe you should tweak the sliders a bit more and/or go back to the previous difficulty level. Or tweak the sliders in your favor and continue to play on All Pro until you are comfortable with it. I can almost feel your frustration, but those sliders are there for more reasons than just making an accurate sim game. They also help balance the play where if you are better in some areas than others, you can tweak them until you find a compatible playing style, regards of the chosen difficulty level.

The note that a guy on your team that you weren't controlling, got hit with a pass intereference when you weren't controlling him... are you suggesting that this isn't fair??? Does the CPU's team that has no guys being controlled by any human, get hit with Pass Interference as well? Is that not fair as well? Quid Pro Quo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »