Home

My fun new way of playing D

This is a discussion on My fun new way of playing D within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2003, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
My fun new way of playing D

Ok,
So I was struggling at D because I couldn't react well to the passes the way I like to (NCAA is still the king when it comes to playing secondary). I ultimately settled on playing the line and trying to get sacks but I was getting lit up. I was messing around and I found myself controlling a linebacker on accident during a play so I had to move him to avoid leaving a receiver wide open. I moved to the open spot as the ball was coming and BAM! Pick and the house. I have since perfected my technique of playing ILB and just shutting down every play. If you have a stud back there you can read the run and lay a good hit on any RB still in the backfield or drop back and rip the 50% or so of passes that come through the zone. Try it and see for yourself how well it works. Makes D fun again.
Peace,
-Noah
P.S. who do you controll on D?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: My fun new way of playing D

Quote:

Ewberdude said:
Ok,
So I was struggling at D because I couldn't react well to the passes the way I like to (NCAA is still the king when it comes to playing secondary). I ultimately settled on playing the line and trying to get sacks but I was getting lit up. I was messing around and I found myself controlling a linebacker on accident during a play so I had to move him to avoid leaving a receiver wide open. I moved to the open spot as the ball was coming and BAM! Pick and the house. I have since perfected my technique of playing ILB and just shutting down every play. If you have a stud back there you can read the run and lay a good hit on any RB still in the backfield or drop back and rip the 50% or so of passes that come through the zone. Try it and see for yourself how well it works. Makes D fun again.
Peace,
-Noah
P.S. who do you controll on D?

This was the technique I used on 2k3, but in this year, the ball flight is much quicker and it makes defending the pass much tougher. Since sacks are possible in this year's version, I've switched to playing my DE (Strahan) on passing downs and one of my linebackers on running plays.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Like I said before the 5-2 (spread the D-line)is great for outside run containment and because the ends are outside the tackles they both get a great push toward the QB on a pass play. Great formation to use, especially in not so obvious passing situations.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

90% of the time I control the linebacker.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

I use the Right DT. I use the 9ers. I consume blockers with Bryant Young so Andre Carter can do his business. This pressures the quarterback. This usually gets me a sack or an errand pass for a pick.

I shift my backers and secondary to where I thing the play is going. Tha advanced line moves are awsomm I may not get a lot of sacks or tackles with my DT but I definitely have a huge affect on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »