Home

VG Sports producing Guides for ESPN?

This is a discussion on VG Sports producing Guides for ESPN? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2003, 04:20 PM   #9
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: VG Sports producing Guides for ESPN?

Does this have the playbooks of each team in there? I've been thinking it would be cool to be able to have a copy of a printable playbook for all the teams. I'd never actually waste the ink to print it out, but I'd probably look at it on my PC a lot. To have a little bit more of an idea of what plays teams are likely to run out of a formation.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:40 PM   #10
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Does this have the playbooks of each team in there? I've been thinking it would be cool to be able to have a copy of a printable playbook for all the teams. I'd never actually waste the ink to print it out, but I'd probably look at it on my PC a lot. To have a little bit more of an idea of what plays teams are likely to run out of a formation.

yup, there should be diagrams for every playbook.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:43 PM   #11
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:

yup, there should be diagrams for every playbook.

Nice.

Thanks, I've been hoping I'd be able to find something like that this year, although I didn't really start my search yet since I figured it would take a while for people to actually put the playbooks up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2003, 05:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Fetter21 said:

I bought a guide already with all this stuff already
Old 09-19-2003, 06:35 PM   #13
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

ssmith7289 said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:

hmm....from?
Old 09-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #14
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

ssmith7289 said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:

hmm....from?

I have one too, but I don't think it's the same book mentioned above. This book only lists the names of each play in the team playbook and NO diagrams. It has some pretty good information in it, but it does'nt sound like the same manual. I got mine at EB when I bought the game.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, the one you're refering to is the Prima guide. It's pretty bad compared to Madden which is 1000% more thorough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2003, 12:10 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm hoping they have a Virtual Filmroom to showcase techniques for good run defense, especially since it's so difficult for many people to grasp this year.

And I vote for Tip Sheets that can be printed out for reference during online games - like abbreviated ratings for all the offensive and defensive starters on a given team. That way you can see your personnel, if you're playing an unfamiliar team, at a glance - and the starters on your opponents' team.

These are the kind of resources I know would help me when playing online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »