Home

2K3 = dropped passes / ESPN 2K4 = broken tackles

This is a discussion on 2K3 = dropped passes / ESPN 2K4 = broken tackles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2003, 06:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2K3 = dropped passes / ESPN 2K4 = broken tackles

I honestly DONT beleive that you have NEVER seen it....maybe your playing Madden

who knows

[censored you naughty boy] rejoice...you have another follower

I love this game, dont get me wrong...but I do want to see it get better...on alot of fronts

and for those that say it will never be perfect....i totally agree, but it would sure be nice to get close

Old 09-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #34
Rookie

I do the same thing..with the ILB...not everyone plays that way.....I used to just use the D linemen but then id get screwed somehow....I think people are missing the original meaning of the post......

Old 09-20-2003, 06:25 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

ufsportsfan said:
beeeeeeeeeecauuuuuuuuuuseeeeeeeeee it is UNREALISTIC.....

he wants to make the game better....get it

b-e-t-t-e-r

hello??? are you listening??

Sometimes I wonder if you some of you have ever watched a real NFL game. Almost every play, if someone is tackling a running back one on one, he will break the tackle. There are tons of broken tackles in the NFL. It's not as noticeable however, because the teams call the right defense, and when he breaks one tackle, there are 3 other players there to help out. That is how calling the right defense comes into play. If you call goaline, you are probably going to hit them for some losses. But then every time he does make a good play, and breaks a tackle, there is no one back to help out, and he is gone. If you play to loose, by the time the backs and other linebackers get to the running back, he has already regained his momentum, and is just as strong before. The trick is to have as many players as possible around the ball carrier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2003, 06:26 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

burnwood said:
Quote:

NYJets37 said:
That should be good for me, what's your gamertag? And just to clarify, you mean for xbox right?

gamertag = ddukes

Umm, I have a PS2. That was going to be my next thread. Can both platforms play online against each other?

nope
Old 09-20-2003, 06:29 PM   #37
Rookie

I dont dispute that there are broken tackles but when David Darr breaks a D-Line tackle.....stiff arms a LB, breaks another tackle in the secondary and then out races a DB to the end zone

I am yet to see that one (except Mike Vick, which Carr is not)
Old 09-20-2003, 06:30 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

ufsportsfan said:
beeeeeeeeeecauuuuuuuuuuseeeeeeeeee it is UNREALISTIC.....

he wants to make the game better....get it

b-e-t-t-e-r

hello??? are you listening??

Why does it matter if it doesn't take anything away from the game? I don't have a problem with this so I don't know what he's talking about. If the broken tackles actually made him lose games then I could understand.

Alright, if you still have questions after this then man don't worry about it. I ain't mad at ya.

It doesn't matter if I'm winning games or losing games because of it. My purpose was to offer something constructive (with likewise input from you all) to VC.

Contrary to popular belief/opinion, I'm not whining and I'm not picking the wrong plays. I'm just offering some input to VC's latest football goodie.

I don't want to fall into the same place I was with Madden for 12 years when I thought nothing compared to it and I never critiqued it or offered suggestions to EA.

*sigh* You guys are a lot of work you know?
Old 09-20-2003, 06:31 PM   #39
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

ufsportsfan said:
I honestly DONT beleive that you have NEVER seen it....maybe your playing Madden

who knows

I love this game, dont get me wrong...but I do want to see it get better...on alot of fronts

and for those that say it will never be perfect....i totally agree, but it would sure be nice to get close

hmmm i think there are enough threads about this matter...the biggest complaint last year was the dropped passes and that was fixed and now even one handed catches in this game can be a bit much. With people whinning about the broken tackles this year you can expect that next year that there arent enough broken tackles.......oh boy i cant wait for those "I cant run even with Ricky Williams" threads....
Old 09-20-2003, 06:33 PM   #40
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

ufsportsfan said:

who knows

Why can't you believe taht I don't see it? I just don't have a problem with broken tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »