Home

This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant

This is a discussion on This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant

they need to step up defensive AI a lot and make it so when players do the same play over and over the defenders will be more agressive because they know the play.

the zone coverage needs to be tighter and cover the zones where they can make a move on the ball when the pass is thrown.

Linebackers need to be more aware of the run and strafe towards the runner instead of running into the lineman and getting blocked.

Get rid of the tap and have one button for turbo and one button for the charge why use the l and r buttons for the juke move when you can use the right anolog stick for that the r and l should be for the stiff arm.

when a ball is tipped it's like the play is over they should be more aggressive and go after tips.

defensive backs should make more attempts to swat the ball and break up the play.

better play on running backs coming out the backfield on passes. They need to get the linebackers to make the move faster so the running back doesn't get a automatic 5 yards every play.

they should work on graphics a lil just for polish and getting it to the point it's almost perfect.

i think ESPN gameplay is really good but there's still room for improvement. A lot of this can be solved this year by doing it yourself but i know people want the game to do a lot of stuff for them so a lot of this would help the game have top notch gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2003, 10:41 PM   #2
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant

Gameplay is already top notch, but I agree with almost everything you said. It's not perfect. Close, but not perfect. That's why I said: "Close" in the "describe ESPN in one word" thread a few weeks back.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
Pro

i'm with you it's REALLY close i don't think the wishlist will be big as it was last year.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
they need to step up defensive AI a lot and make it so when players do the same play over and over the defenders will be more agressive because they know the play.

the zone coverage needs to be tighter and cover the zones where they can make a move on the ball when the pass is thrown.

Linebackers need to be more aware of the run and strafe towards the runner instead of running into the lineman and getting blocked.

Get rid of the tap and have one button for turbo and one button for the charge why use the l and r buttons for the juke move when you can use the right anolog stick for that the r and l should be for the stiff arm.

when a ball is tipped it's like the play is over they should be more aggressive and go after tips.

defensive backs should make more attempts to swat the ball and break up the play.

better play on running backs coming out the backfield on passes. They need to get the linebackers to make the move faster so the running back doesn't get a automatic 5 yards every play.

they should work on graphics a lil just for polish and getting it to the point it's almost perfect.

i think ESPN gameplay is really good but there's still room for improvement. A lot of this can be solved this year by doing it yourself but i know people want the game to do a lot of stuff for them so a lot of this would help the game have top notch gameplay.

I like everything except I think that the tap and the charge should still be the same button. They've been consistent with this for at least 3 years now, and I've been used to it. I like how it is.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:43 PM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

"This Game needs alot more On Field Polish Next year: Looonngg Rant"

really?....

http://forums.operationsports.com/ub...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Good to see I'm such an inspiriration to others. You're Welcome, Primetime. But stop being a follower, man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2003, 11:44 PM   #6
Pro

i want it that way so you can get your full speed without mashing your controller. Another thing is when i switch to try to catch a RB it seems like the computer runs faster with the guy and i think if you just held the turbo button you could run your fastest to catch somebody easier. running with turbo and building a charge tackle at the same time would be nasty. second thought is that even possible hold turbo with a charge with x and y to tackle? it can be good make it hard to pull it off so you have to decide.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Continue to improve the blocking. I used to be a lineman so in every game I play I look extra carefully at the oline. Nothing pains me more than to see Tarik Glenn 96 RTG, 98 RBK and 98 PBK not lay a finger on a rushing DE. I mean because they are so daggum fast they will just run right around tackles.

Not cool. It is to the point now where it's annoying me. LOL!

Old 09-22-2003, 11:56 PM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
i want it that way so you can get your full speed without mashing your controller. Another thing is when i switch to try to catch a RB it seems like the computer runs faster with the guy and i think if you just held the turbo button you could run your fastest to catch somebody easier. running with turbo and building a charge tackle at the same time would be nasty. second thought is that even possible hold turbo with a charge with x and y to tackle? it can be good make it hard to pull it off so you have to decide.

The mechanic is fine as is. This seems to only be a problem for Madden players new to nfl2k controls. The sheer amount of moves and tight control of the running is the best I've seen. I don't think VC should change it...especially to appease more Madden fans. ESPNFL has enough pub now where VC can focus on the current fanbase and not have to worry too much about accomodating Madden fans making the transition. If anything these guys need to use the tutorial and practice modes to get accustomed to the controls. I don't think the running game in espnfl should be Maddenized. Its pretty tight the way it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »