Home

When will these GAMEPLAY items show up in football gaming...

This is a discussion on When will these GAMEPLAY items show up in football gaming... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2003, 10:46 PM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: When will these GAMEPLAY items show up in football gaming...

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalties - Your random pushing after the play (Represented fairly well by Roughing the QB in ESPN)

There are post play push/shove anaimtions in espnfl and were in nfl2k3 also. But I agree they shold playout a bit more and lead to penalties.

Things is...the NFL frowns on this type ofbehavior and there would almost certainly be a negative reaction from the league if this was implemented.

I'd love to see it though.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:29 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

I blocked the two punts and tackled on the field goal
Old 09-25-2003, 09:48 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

ATrillionaire said:
"Ability to throw the ball away, but in the direction of a receiver, in order to avoid an "intentional grounding" penalty."
YOU CAN!!

No, you can throw it out of bounds, and if you're in the pocket, you take a grounding penalty. You even get a penalty outside of the pocket alot of times, because your pass crosses the out of bounds line before it gets past the line of scrimmage. I'm talking about "unintentional" intentional grounding. Where you can put it in the direction of a receiver, but not really mean to complete it. You can kind of do this with Max Passing, but it's very risky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 10:23 AM   #12

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

True but they do have the Roughing the QB in, so lets see some Unnecessary Roughness penalties. It would be very cool.

I am glad to hear you CAN block kicks, but calling Nickel to do a block? C'mon.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:19 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

I think I heard they took out late hits (and probably won't put in unnecessary roughness penalties) because the NFL asked to tone down the violence.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

In Madden the QB shuffles properly in the pocket, so stepping up and making accurate throws works great. In ESPN this isnt implemented (to my knowledge), when I try to step up and throw the QB runs and throws on the run (a big minus for me).

Someone said it before me but the ability to throw the ball away without getting intentional grounding. I think they should call that moreso when you are in the grasp/under pressure. I dont recal seeing intentional grounding called from throwing the ball away in the pocket without any pressure.

I'd like to see some miscelaneous penalties like illegal shift or illegal formation, 12 men on the field or ineligable reciever etc. One cool thing I had happen was an illegal forward pass. I scrambled up into the pocket and threw the ball right as I stepped over the line of scrimmage.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:47 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Personally I'm not for more random penalties during the course of a game. But if you mean more types of penalties, I'm for that. Random penalties and/or snaps over the head are extremely frustrating to deal with in Madden (funny how high snaps occur 90% of the time when the computer is blitzing). The penalties that occur in 2K4 is about right and doesn't impede on the game.

I agree w/the guy that suggested more varied QB animations also, especially stepping into a throw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 04:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

They use that exaggerated stepping into a throw motion when they're throwing 60+ yards. Other than that, it's usually a pretty flat-footed release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »