Home

NFL2k4: Draft Time Atmosphere

This is a discussion on NFL2k4: Draft Time Atmosphere within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
NFL2k4: Draft Time Atmosphere

Hey NFL2kers!!

I made it to the NFL Draft, hoping to be blown away by ESPN's improvements to refinement. Nope. It was not to be. I was let down yet again. Not only does it look exactly like last year's, (which was fine for a first attempt by the way) but now they took something away from us. There is no war room chatter in the background! I loved hearing the conversations in the background as I am searching for my next big talent. very realistic! At first I thought it was just because I had my Crib (gag) music turned ON and not the regular ESPN Presentation music. Nope. That was not it. I found out it is just not there any more. Has anyone discovered different?

Oh, and when the other teams make their selection, it is so fast you can't find any of the names you were scouting as they are being picked. Bummer huh? I was really hoping for this year that NFL2k4 would have at least shown your selected Rookie holding his jersey up in front of cameras when you make your selection. Maybe NFL2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2003, 05:30 PM   #2
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NFL2k4: Draft Time Atmosphere

Good points, but on the other hand, they got a lot of things right with the draft.

They now say rookie names, so we don't have to edit them all day! Great job VC!

You can also find EXCELLENT future talent in late rounds. I got a starting QB out of the draft about three or so seasons ago, and he's now rated 93. He was picked in the second round. Picked up some solid DB's and TE's in the third and fourth rounds. Same with my center.

I still think they should allow us to trade up DURING draft day.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NFL2k4: Draft Time Atmosphere

You are right Pac. They did get a lot of things right. I just hate it when something is improved, something else always has to be taken away. I think improvements to this game should come as additions, not replacements.

The game pronounces Rookie names in this one? How cool! I have not heard it yet so now I can't wait to start my Pre-Season just to hear the three Rookies I drafted in the commentary!

Speaking of diamonds in the rough found in later rounds, I have not noticed thus far if player's ratings improve or decline throughout the season, depending on their performance. An example is I have Jarious Jackson as my 3rd stringer in Denver. He was rated at 47. I put him in the last game of the regular and throughout the playoffs because Plummer was starting to stink it up out there. Not only did he win every game I put him in, his QB rating kept going up. He is now my starter but I swear his overall rating has not budged. Comments?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »