Home

The online league feature for PS2 kicks some serious butt...plz read

This is a discussion on The online league feature for PS2 kicks some serious butt...plz read within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The online league feature for PS2 kicks some serious butt...plz read

I am sure a lot of people aren't in PS2 online leagues so I wanted to let you know what you're missing.

You set up the league and everyone picks a team. Once the league is put together you set up times to play your opponent each week. It is fun to have one game a week and go along with the real NFL season. You feel like you're a real team when you play once a week.

HEre is the coolest part.

After your game (or anyone's game) you can check out their stats and scores. This isn't just the final score and a couple of stats.....it tracks everything you could possibly want. It is EXACTLY the same as ESPN.com's box score. It keeps every stat you can want, every players individtual stats, league leaders in every category, and a partridge in a pear tree.

There is even a play by play account of the game. You can go into anyone's game and basically follow everything that happend in their game.

The only thing they're missing is a power ranking system.

I'm serious guys, they completely track everything just like espn.com or nfl.com. I was totally blown away. I thought it would just be some afterthought feature but some serious time was put into this thing.

It is the most realistic feeling thing I have ever done with a sports game.

(I just got done checking it out for the first time so I'm a bit overexcited right now)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2003, 07:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The online league feature for PS2 kicks some serious butt...plz read

I hate it I have comcast and my speeds are nice 2000DL and 300UL I cant even finish a game it lags and dives all the time if i get to sign in.I took it back and decided to just stick with the xbox version untill they fix the servers.It does look very cool but I wish they would allow xbox to have leagues so I wouldnt have to buy the ps2 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »