Home

NFL FUTURE COOL UNIFORMS

This is a discussion on NFL FUTURE COOL UNIFORMS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NFL FUTURE COOL UNIFORMS

some of these unis are just incredible. Just wanted to share with the 2k5 universe since it is the game I play the most.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...nalysis/page/9
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NFL FUTURE COOL UNIFORMS

Most of those are an insult to fans who've been watching football more than 10 years. For example, Vikings fans have come to identify the color purple (purple people eaters) with their team. Making the dominant color yellow isn't going to go over that well, in my humble opinion.

You want to go to a flat or metallic helmet or possibly add a stripe, remove a feature, that's one thing, but I don't see "Redskins" when I see their helmet. I think it is pretty cool, but not for that team.

It will sell jerseys though and money is definitely the bottom line.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

some of them are really nice like the Chargers and Broncos, but others are kinda bad ex Vikings Steelers. Another thing I loved about 2k5 is the amoutuniforms there was. I hope whenever they do make another 2k football game they keep that concept and allow us to make our own that would be preety sweet.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Most of those are an insult to fans who've been watching football more than 10 years. For example, Vikings fans have come to identify the color purple (purple people eaters) with their team. Making the dominant color yellow isn't going to go over that well, in my humble opinion.

You want to go to a flat or metallic helmet or possibly add a stripe, remove a feature, that's one thing, but I don't see "Redskins" when I see their helmet. I think it is pretty cool, but not for that team.

It will sell jerseys though and money is definitely the bottom line.

I gotta agree with your feelings on this I feel very much violated,insulted and concerned that a true die hard fan of the NFL would even consider this horrible violation of what I hold dear and almost holy to true team spirit, there is no way in hell a true Steeler, Brown, Bengal, Chicago,Lion,NYG,NYJ fan would even consider these abominations of a uniform that holds the history and concept behind it.....I was born, raised and lived in the "Steel Valley" we have a tradition here especially in the state of Ohio "The heart of It All" and home of the holiest of of shrines...."The Canton Football Hall Of Fame".

To take this as an indication of changing times is most disrespectful to old times like me who remember a game called football before the money and pitiful management of money greedy companys with no concept of tradition or loyaty......to them I say hands off and Hell No!

Before there were Super Bowls the Browns were winning World Championships and my tenure in watching and enjoying football goes waaay back in the day so to see this as the future of the NFL leaves me feeling truly sad for us ole timers who still love the game, some change is good at times and welcomed at times but this is just too much and way too extreme in my opinion.

Sorry I didn't mean to rant guys and apologize to you and this sites moniters but if those guys compies (You know who) are reading this....I mean every word and make no apologies to you for my self expressions and would never except those horrid renditions God help us all if its come to this and money profits, shame on you for being so disrespectful to true fans of the game and its tradition again shame on you.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 01-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
Rookie

HRN31596's Arena

OVR: 0

Are these things real? I couldn't find to much about them other than that article. Has it ever been confirmed or not?

Anyway about the uniforms: Are they permanent or one and done? If their permanent, I would be hugely disappointed since I like the traditional uniforms the most and that probably never change. However, if they're one and done uniforms, I'll be okay with them. Wearing a special uniform for one game couldn't hurt. The Patriots one (my favorite one out of the bunch) could be worn at a game during Veteran's Day weekend or something of that sort. Some of these are pretty good (Patriots, Broncos, and the Falcoons (inb4bias)), others are a disgrace (Vikings and Bengals).

Anyway, I'll take this with a grain of salt until I can find if these are real of fake.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Dophin and Rickster :

A) they are just the imagination of someone, not real... and someone took a lot of time to make the effort to work on them like you guys do with rosters. I admire them and you for that.

B) I said SOME are cool, not all of them.

C) Relax please.... I was just sharing something I found that I thought some people might find interesting. Not everyone's opinions are the same. I respect that you hate them...but I love SOME of them. Kudos to the efforts. I would indeed plug them into my NFL 2K5 game if it were possible just for fun....however, of course the real present day unis are far superior , but I am open minded and like things that look cool graphically in games. I love plugging in NFL FOX, CBS, NBC, NFL Network, ESPN, MNF music to get the true feeling of the NFL when I play. I love putting in the song , "Bang A drum all day" after TD's or Rock n roll part 2.... I love roster updates, I love CPU and Human play games.....I love everything about 2K and the NFL and it's atmosphere. So there is no doubt here..... I love people and their creative ideas. Bring on an interesting alternative to things!!!! i embrace the changes in MLB playoffs or realignment in the NHL. I do not always agree with changes 100%, like the 35 yard line for kickoffs.....but some things are cool and you have to be open minded about life in all regards....even a simple video game or uniforms in the NFL.....just relax please.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Oh, and I feel no shame in feeling the way I feel about something. Never will...period. I respect the purists of all sports, but change is part of life and new ideas, good or bad, are what the human spirit thrives on. While you have freedom of speech to lambaste my feelings and thoughts... i find it insulting that everything you said was more like an attack on my intelligence and rights as a fan. I always make an exhausting effort these days to see both sides of the fence. Like I said, your exhaustive efforts on Rosters is INCREDIBLE and fully respected and enjoyed.....but your work is not always 100% accurate or 100% enjoyed by all.....kinda like the UNI's i shared. Constructive criticism is one thing .... attacking someone for just being nice and trying to share something with some people that will enjoy something....is another. While I voice my concerns about what I perceive your words meant....I could be totally off vase in your intentions.....words, and not being face to face, often get misconstrued like in e-mails or on social networks. I met no disrespect towards you guys. I think the stuff you do here is awesome and I look forward to it. I indeed have a passion about sports and video games....but when my teams the Bucs, Lighting, Rockets, and Reds won titles it was like this burden of sports-praying-misery was lifted from my every day life. I am now a casual fan ( until maybe a super bowl, etc with one of my teams...LOL) but it is not the end of the world when my team loses now like it used to be growing up. I simply said all that because I think too many sports fans have to learn that sports are a passionate part of life...but just that...a very small part compared to the whole human equation......LIKE RICKSTER said.....sorry for my rambling.....but I just wanted to share some feelings here since I do enjoy this site and 2K very much as a gamer. PEACE to ALL !!!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

This has already been posted in the appropriate forum.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nfl-teams.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »