Home

Something weird I've noticed

This is a discussion on Something weird I've noticed within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Something weird I've noticed

I don't really care about passing much because of the changes i've made to playbooks. Which kinds of cheat the ai to do alot of shovel passes in easy completion. The only changes needed to roster file would be catch and run route for runningbacks fullbacks etc. Another question though if I were to edit roster files do you think I shold change every qb's PRC (like 10-50) or just for scramblers?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
I don't really care about passing much because of the changes i've made to playbooks. Which kinds of cheat the ai to do alot of shovel passes in easy completion. The only changes needed to roster file would be catch and run route for runningbacks fullbacks etc. Another question though if I were to edit roster files do you think I shold change every qb's PRC (like 10-50) or just for scramblers?
I'm planning on testing the PRC ranges and effects on all types of QBs. Probably will start with a Manning/Brady, then try some more average QBs.

I was also able to compare the edits I had previously done with Vick vs. the Default Vick. These are the changes I found in addition to the PRC, Aggression, and Scramble:

Stamina bumped up to 95
Composure dropped to 75
and Break Tackle up to 80

I think the Break Tackle edit might be playing a pretty big role, especially in him using the QB Evade moves. Also, he wasn't trucking anyone, which is probably because his Default Strength is pretty low.
I will be testing this further, and see how high I can bump it and what further effects it will have on both scramblers and Pocket passers. Hoping for some good results!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
I'm planning on testing the PRC ranges and effects on all types of QBs. Probably will start with a Manning/Brady, then try some more average QBs.

I was also able to compare the edits I had previously done with Vick vs. the Default Vick. These are the changes I found in addition to the PRC, Aggression, and Scramble:

Stamina bumped up to 95
Composure dropped to 75
and Break Tackle up to 80

I think the Break Tackle edit might be playing a pretty big role, especially in him using the QB Evade moves. Also, he wasn't trucking anyone, which is probably because his Default Strength is pretty low.
I will be testing this further, and see how high I can bump it and what further effects it will have on both scramblers and Pocket passers. Hoping for some good results!
That sounds great please post your findings asap because I want to make rosters but I don't know weather to have PRC high normal low or heck 0 so thank you for that. Also I've heard that if you want a player to be a more speedy agile runner just change his power run to finesse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #12
Pro

I got a little bit of testing in, went pretty good. I lowered Vick's PRC to 1 in addition to the other edits I posted and that makes for a good scrambling QB. He was really looking to take off if he didnt like what he saw. I then applied those same edits to Favre, but set the PRC at 20. This made a pretty good representation of his gunslinging days, and would probably be the right range (20-30) for mobile balanced type QBs. The higher aggression rating seemed to make him take some shots downfield more. I will need to test further with the pocket passers, as they were looking pretty inconsistant. Cant pin-point it, but they were just missing in the two games I watched.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
I got a little bit of testing in, went pretty good. I lowered Vick's PRC to 1 in addition to the other edits I posted and that makes for a good scrambling QB. He was really looking to take off if he didnt like what he saw. I then applied those same edits to Favre, but set the PRC at 20. This made a pretty good representation of his gunslinging days, and would probably be the right range (20-30) for mobile balanced type QBs. The higher aggression rating seemed to make him take some shots downfield more. I will need to test further with the pocket passers, as they were looking pretty inconsistant. Cant pin-point it, but they were just missing in the two games I watched.
The only edits I have made to VC's rosters were turn stamina and aggression at 127, catch and run route 70 minumum and my custom playbook. This is what I got for my first game Saints at Cowboys cpu game all pro except fatigue at 0. and with the score 13 to 10 Dallas down Vinny Testaverde threw a bomb to Jason Witten who stiff arm a defender 60 yards for a touchdown. But after a nice kick return Aaron Brooks went to his go to man (who had 9 catches) Joe Horn and with 15 seconds lefts 4th down on Dallas 21 yard line Brooks dropped back dumped it over the middle and the Tight End dropped it after getting hit and Dallas won 17 to 13. A very good fun game Brooks was 21 for 30 252 1td 2ints, while Vinny was 13 for 22 for 305 yards 2tds 0ints. The only problem was the running game was not prducing much both teams rushed under 70yards the whole game maybe it's my playbook. I;m going to try different aggression but 127 stamina is definetly the way to go for me I'm still stuck on PRC though I just don't know how to rate QB. I hope you found something different with your studies here is where I got the stamina idea.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...must-read.html.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Pro

I really like what the higher stamina does for the QBs, unfortunately I am stuck using the in-game editor until I decide to track down everything needed for Finn's Editor, so I can hit the 127 ranges.

For PRC, I think I have settled on a 1-40's range.
1 for a young Vick type
15 for someone like McNabb in his glory days
20's a young Favre/Roethlisberger
30's for Brees/Brady type
and 40's for the Manning pocket passers

The User vs. CPU gameplay is what I am trying to pinpoint now, as the effectiveness of the PRC edits are tied to the Pass Coverage Slider. So now, I am trying to find that sweet spot that wont create too much advantage to my team, and totally jack the CPU passing game.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
I really like what the higher stamina does for the QBs, unfortunately I am stuck using the in-game editor until I decide to track down everything needed for Finn's Editor, so I can hit the 127 ranges.

For PRC, I think I have settled on a 1-40's range.
1 for a young Vick type
15 for someone like McNabb in his glory days
20's a young Favre/Roethlisberger
30's for Brees/Brady type
and 40's for the Manning pocket passers

The User vs. CPU gameplay is what I am trying to pinpoint now, as the effectiveness of the PRC edits are tied to the Pass Coverage Slider. So now, I am trying to find that sweet spot that wont create too much advantage to my team, and totally jack the CPU passing game.
OK so this is what I did.

*Roster changes
Consistency Composure 70 minimum
Catch run route 70 minimum
64/127 aggression
of course your PRC ideas (which are great by the way)
Stamina 127 huge difference!
also I edit my rosters using a formula to decide player and team rating so I don't become bias example rate the Bears defense higher just because I think so or there my team.

*Slider changes
All pro default
26 injuries
24 fumble
fatigue 0

*Misc changes
Playbooks for each team with easy routes lots of shovel passes slower players on Kickoffs and punt returns.
----------------------------------------
Now to my first game with these changes 2012 rosters with my non bias changes
stats
Colts ratings 54off 58def 60ovr
Dolphins ratings 70off 76def 75ovr

Passing
Orlovsky 16-24 185yards 0tds 1int
Moore 19-30 229 1tds 0ints

rushing
Donald Brown 11att 31yards
Reggie Bush 20att 80yards

Receiving
Bush 6rec 75yards
Garcon 6rec 89yards

Defense
Wake 11tackles 3for loss 2sacks
Freeney 6tackles 1for loss 2sacks
Final Score
MIA-16
IND-6
Total yards
Mia-284yards
Ind-205yards

total plays
Mia-33passes 28rushes
Ind-28passes 18rushes

Summary
Miami defense was relentless and sacked Orlovsky 4 times and Reggie Bush did preety much everything today for his offense to prevail. Rushing wasn't as good as it seems passing other than the QB missing some wide open people or drops was surprisingly good. The PRC worked wonders Orlovsky I gave him a 20prc 15aggression and from my formula I used he was a 70ovr. Matt Moore was a 76ovr I gave him a 24prc 45aggression. If I can get better line play and rushing game it will be perfect and tweak aggression a little more I just don't know where to put it at I think I might just use different aggression for everyone. Thanks for helping me with this it worked out great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
Pro

Very nice stuff! The Aggression effects are still a little bit of a mystery to me for positions other than the QB. Not sure, but a lower aggression for HBs might make them more patient for the holes to open up, and higher aggression for the power backs that will just make their own holes.

I set Peyton Manning's to aggression to 16, with a PRC at 41 and he scorched the Seahawks Defense. It was beautiful. I don't have the exact stats, but he had a completion % around 67%, and Edgerin James rushed for over 125 yards. I know the default Seattle defense isn't top notch, but it was still nice to see.

I'm also thinking penalty sliders play into the gameplay. For example, the Roughing the Passer slider looks to have a direct impact on the pass rush. When bumped up, it seemed the defenders would throw on the brakes, almost unnaturally, when reaching the QB while in throwing motion. Lowered, and they really go after him.
Since I dont have the patch, I zeroed out the Clipping slider to eliminate the glitch with rushing yards. This seemed to boost the blocking aggression of the offense, but not "cheesy."

My next step will be testing aggression on the OL, starting primarily with the Guards and Centers, since they do most of the pulling on run plays.

Again, nice work! This game just keeps getting better. I only wish I would have jumped onboard years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »