Home

The AI just let the clock run out w/o attempting a field goal!!!!

This is a discussion on The AI just let the clock run out w/o attempting a field goal!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2003, 08:46 AM   #1
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
The AI just let the clock run out w/o attempting a field goal!!!!

I was absolutely stunned last night while playing my franchise with the Rams. I'm in game two with the 49ers and we're deadlocked at 7-7 heading deep into the 4th quarter. There's roughly 3 and a half minutes left and finally, the niners are moving the ball on the ground with Barlow. I'm having a heck of a time slowing him down. Methodical runs continue to bring San Fran first downs. With just over a minute to go, they're on my 5 yard line and it's second down. They run a play to the three. Third down, they run a play to the 1. 4th down. Time is ticking. They have at least one, maybe two timeouts. And even if I was wrong and they used their timeouts somehow, they still just stood there in the huddle letting the clock wind down. 15 secs, 10 secs, (I'm thinking there's nothing I can do except possibly block the field goal), 5 secs, 3 secs, 1 sec (no timeout???) 0...clocks runs out. We head to overtime where I eventually win. However, I can't seem to wonder what in the world happened?!?!?! How could the AI not pick up that the game's in the 4th quarter and they have use of their timeouts? I evened my record at 1-1 but obviously feel as though I cheated. Never have I ever experienced this in a football video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: The AI just let the clock run out w/o attempting a field goal!!!!

If this true then wow!! Sega not getting the little things right!!

Old 09-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

it is true.unfortunately this happens from time to time. I noticed that the AI under two minutes is very poor. they have poor clock management. but it does not happen that often.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #4
Rookie

rabigjb's Arena

I read about this issue a LOT, maybe every review of NFL 2K2. And this is the reason I bought Madden 2002 over NFL 2K2, since I mainly play single-player, making this a major issue for me.

It just surprises me that this still happens, in the 2K4 incarnation of the game.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #5
Rookie

it does happen been very rarely. still it shouldn't happen though but I still really enjoy the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2003, 09:28 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

very rarely something happens like that. I have had it happen one time in 20+ games and I jumped off sides and then the CPU kicked.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:56 AM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

sportdan30 said:
I was absolutely stunned last night while playing my franchise with the Rams. I'm in game two with the 49ers and we're deadlocked at 7-7 heading deep into the 4th quarter. There's roughly 3 and a half minutes left and finally, the niners are moving the ball on the ground with Barlow. I'm having a heck of a time slowing him down. Methodical runs continue to bring San Fran first downs. With just over a minute to go, they're on my 5 yard line and it's second down. They run a play to the three. Third down, they run a play to the 1. 4th down. Time is ticking. They have at least one, maybe two timeouts. And even if I was wrong and they used their timeouts somehow, they still just stood there in the huddle letting the clock wind down. 15 secs, 10 secs, (I'm thinking there's nothing I can do except possibly block the field goal), 5 secs, 3 secs, 1 sec (no timeout???) 0...clocks runs out. We head to overtime where I eventually win. However, I can't seem to wonder what in the world happened?!?!?! How could the AI not pick up that the game's in the 4th quarter and they have use of their timeouts? I evened my record at 1-1 but obviously feel as though I cheated. Never have I ever experienced this in a football video game.

Damn! I WISH that would happen to me. Maybe I wouldn't have lost that conference championship game against the Bills in year one of my Franchise. They called a timeout with about 5 secs left in the game, score tied at 17 , and kicked the game winner.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

What quaterback were you using in your franchise and what was his COMPOSURE and LEADERSHIP rating?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »