Home

How is this for a solution to the RB breaking tackles

This is a discussion on How is this for a solution to the RB breaking tackles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #41
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How is this for a solution to the RB breaking tackles

Quote:

JohnEX said:
Quote:

dbeth said:
Couldn't Sega just address this easily in the next roster update by just lowering the corresponding ratings across the board?

They usually mess with ratings after the first roster update, and this would remove the need of the phantom "patch" that everyone is always talking about. No need to mess with sliders, just have Sega lower the BrkTkl rating a little bit for everyone (say 5 or so points) to keep everyone in proportion like before.

There's your miracle "patch".....

there is a limit to the number of players you can edit in the game. so i don't think this is possible. plus you would have to edit every RB in every rookie classes for franchise.

and graphik i think dbeth meant lower the brktkl attribute ONLY. leave everything else as-is

NO, I meant SEGA would do the changes in their next online update.

Last year, during the roster updates throughout the year, Sega would change player ratings based on their season perfomance to that point. Thus, they had to change A TON of players. Why couldn't they just do that this time around? They are adjusting the rosters anyways.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2003, 06:06 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I just lost 33-30 to the Chargers in OT with the Jets. I am so pissed because losing this game felt like some madden ish. I had pretty much held LT in check all game but on the first play of the 4th qtr he broke one for a 56 yd gain and then never looked back. Finished the game with 27 attempts for 200yds and 19 broken tackles. The broken tackles weren't so bad I guess.

I just suck at controlling any position except for the one that I actually played(DT). The only thing about that is if I control a DT I am inviting huge gains.

Oh yeah. The Ask the Coach Blows. I started doing that and they started moving the ball.

I love this game but I may give the competition a rental and see if it fits my skills.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:00 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

NoleFan said:
I just lost 33-30 to the Chargers in OT with the Jets. I am so pissed because losing this game felt like some madden ish. I had pretty much held LT in check all game but on the first play of the 4th qtr he broke one for a 56 yd gain and then never looked back. Finished the game with 27 attempts for 200yds and 19 broken tackles. The broken tackles weren't so bad I guess.

I just suck at controlling any position except for the one that I actually played(DT). The only thing about that is if I control a DT I am inviting huge gains.

Oh yeah. The Ask the Coach Blows. I started doing that and they started moving the ball.

I love this game but I may give the competition a rental and see if it fits my skills.

Noles have you not played Madden yet?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:45 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:

bkrich83 said:

A total of 1 half over a previous 5-day rental.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:39 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm pretty could at "containing" the run remember the word CONTAIN playing online I notice a bit to much all out trying stop my runs right at the line of scrimmage. Against the cpu on Pro I hold the cpu in the 90's this is with default sliders. Best thing to do is this. Practice your defense in the All Pro settings pick a running play for the computer and you just pick a couple of defensive plays to stop this run, you will be quite surprised what plays will actually stop the run. Find what defensive sets stop what and post it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:

A total of 1 half over a previous 5-day rental.

It's definitely worth a look. I love the owners mode. And they seemed to have tightened up the DB AI. I switch back and forth between games. But if you liked Madden at all in the past it's definitely worth a look. I just wish they would fix the mario running.

Old 09-24-2003, 08:58 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

The bad part about this whole thing is that I love ESPN. I wish I thought this game sucked. That way it would be easy for me to go to EB and trade it in for Madden. Curse You Sega/VC for making such a great game.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:07 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can trade in ESPN for Madden straight up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »