Home

To OS Mods and VC

This is a discussion on To OS Mods and VC within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2003, 11:02 AM   #9
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: To OS Mods and VC

Quote:

bdoughty said:
People at VC read the boards. If they have an answer to this they will send one of the staff a PM or maybe even answer it incognito.

ooh, trickery!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Thanks for the feedbackk fella's.

I made reference in my post that the CPU controlled the RB better than my nephew. I was basing my wonderment on the fact I know my nephew is no slouch at this game. Thus the reason I said maybe the ratings get skewed a bit when playing multiplayer games.

Nolefan posted something in another thread I felt strongly about 3 years ago about any football game. There should be a setting/difficulty level at which the devs stand behind that is THE difficulty lvl that the game can be played on with no adjustments that in their opinion best represents their game. I don't want to have to play around with sliders. VC/EA/989 should be able to say based on all factors that we put in out game, this lvl for this game engine best represents the NFL. I never use stats as a determining factor as to whether or not a game is playing the way I think it should but rather how well the top players at their positions play when faced with the best and worst of the men they play against. If I see Randy Moss running a streak 1 on 1 against a slower CB with average cover skils, I expect to complete that pass 95% of the time. If the D calls 2 deep on that same play I expect to complete that pass 10% of the time(I should be SCARED to throw into double coverage) The only time Randy Moss should beat a 2 deep zone when running a streak is if the QB has enough time to see Randy run past the CB and the Safety. A QB having that kind of time does not happen often. Thats what the default settings should do, I should not have to adjust sliders to get that kind of gameplay.

This is my opinion but I think ALL the games (VC is not as bad) rely too much on AI to determine the success or failure of a play for the Defense or the offense. More should be done to make runing/tackling/catching/defending a pass more interactive so that good play calling and How well you control your man has more impact on the outcome.

When a defense commits to stopping the run by putting 8 in the box and taking the big risk of getting burnt on a pass, then by golly if the offense does run I think its reasonable to expect a minimal gain on the ground at the default skill lvl a HIGH percentage of the time. I should not have to adjust a slider to get those results. If I want to run well against 8 man fronts I should be kicking the difficulty lvl down to rookie. If I play 10 games on default lvl and did nothing but running plays against 8 man fronts and I get 100+ yards per game, even with the best back in the league then the game is flawed. I am not saying this game has that problem I am just stressing that these kinds of tests should be done to determine how to adjust the numbers for the game to make it play right at the default lvl.

Old 09-25-2003, 02:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

TombSong said:

When a defense commits to stopping the run by putting 8 in the box and taking the big risk of getting burnt on a pass, then by golly if the offense does run I think its reasonable to expect a minimal gain on the ground at the default skill lvl a HIGH percentage of the time. I should not have to adjust a slider to get those results. If I want to run well against 8 man fronts I should be kicking the difficulty lvl down to rookie. If I play 10 games on default lvl and did nothing but running plays against 8 man fronts and I get 100+ yards per game, even with the best back in the league then the game is flawed. I am not saying this game has that problem I am just stressing that these kinds of tests should be done to determine how to adjust the numbers for the game to make it play right at the default lvl.

Right on the money with this post I also posted in regards to some answears from VC with no results I will bump up again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »