Home

Most ridiculous game I ever played!

This is a discussion on Most ridiculous game I ever played! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Most ridiculous game I ever played!

You've gotta read this, if this was a real game I would've walked out at about the same time I quit.

...franchise game, I headed into Carolina with my modified Colts(Vick instead of Manning, and an even BETTER defense), and was having a nice game. Hit a field goal in the first few minutes of the game(12 minute quarters), and held them scoreless. Then, as perfect as things were going, it started to look like the local high school teams mysteriously kidnapped the pro teams, put on their uniforms, and continued the game as if nothing happened!

First, I pick off a pass of his, over the middle and do some fancy spinning and juking to pick up some return yards. BAM! I'm clocked by one of their backs, fumble, and they recover. "Ok fine, my fault." Two plays later, he throws another pick, this time I run it out of bounds because I'm not tempting fate again. The FIRST play I have the ball, I give to James up the gut, and he fumbles! They recover. It's only starting.

They start the next series, and try a pass on third and long. Picked off, I run it halfway back. "Man, their QB is having the worst day of his career."

I come out of the huddle with my backup HB, James might've just been rattled so I'll get a drive going without him. Give to my backup, sweep to the right, smoked by a burly LB and....a fumble!

I hold them to a three and out, he kicks it off and I start deep in my end. Only a couple plays in, Vick drops back, he's hit and he fumbles. My lineman recovers for a big loss of yards. I ended up having to punt it away.

Again, I hold them to about a 5 and out, he punts it away to me, but I get flagged for a roughing the kicker. He starts deep in my redzone. Gives to Stephen Davis, and the guy fumbles and recovers it all by himself. I end up holding them to a field goal. 3-3.

Second play off the kickoff, Vick drops back, has all sorts of time and fires into a crowd. Damn my fat fingers. Picked off!!!!.....XBox shut off before I even tackle the DB.

Now, THIS is the craziest game of football I've ever played in my life!
3 interceptions and 4 fumbles by me. 3 interceptions and 1 fumble by him. All in the first quarter(time just ran out).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2003, 07:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Most ridiculous game I ever played!

Were you playing in snow............I swear, I dread playing in snow...........if I come away with less than 4 fumbles, I'm a happy man. It's nearly impossible to juke and not fumble in the snow on legend and all pro too for that matter.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only thing it could've been snowing was boo's. Oh wait, that is raining boos, maybe snowing turnovers? Both teams play in a dome. I had a game that frustated me the other night with 4 kickoff's returned for td's. 2 by each team. Those things just happen sometimes. You should've finished the game though.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

what's ridiculous, a guy who gets 125 rushing yards against someone who doesn't know the plays

or holding the opposing team to 20 yards on the ground like in Madden
Old 09-28-2003, 09:44 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

KriegsMarine said:
what's ridiculous, a guy who gets 125 rushing yards against someone who doesn't know the plays

or holding the opposing team to 20 yards on the ground like in Madden

and YOU know how to shut Clinton Portis down to 20 yards rushing in Madden? Then tell us how......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2003, 10:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, all of this was in the shining sun of Caroline! No rain, no snow, just hot.
It was like it was pouring rain, with league mandated rules to dip your hands in motor oil before taking the field, and the ball was electrified with 100,000 volts!

I was already leading the league in turnovers(by more than double), so this game would've killed my stats.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

How is this different froma real NFL game?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20030928_JAC@HOU
Old 09-29-2003, 04:05 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Vick on the Colts, that is ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »