Home

My thoughts on the ESPN - Madden debate of 2004.

This is a discussion on My thoughts on the ESPN - Madden debate of 2004. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2003, 12:21 PM   #41
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: My thoughts on the ESPN - Madden debate of 2004.

can't imagine using nickel as a backbone to stop sweeps...especially against Ricky Williams. Personally I like the 4-3 and 3-4 as it should be. Also don't know what the sack problem is you're talking about. 2k3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #42
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Since I listed all my positives about ESPN, I want to mention a few negatives about the franchise mode. It would have been cool if SEGA would have released ESPN NCAA College Football this year to help with importing real players at the end of each season. This only helps make the NFL draft feel that much more important when I see rookies that I either played against on NCAA or saw their names on Stat leader sheets.

It also sux once your fired, you don't have the ability to coach another team but to start all over again. VC should take cue from WSB2K3 where you have a full coacing staff that you can fire and hire. That is something that they need to implement for 2005.

Owner mode is neat in Madden, but I don't care for it as much as some of the other things that I can do in the offseason. I think that the Crib is a neat idea, but they need to expand a bit more on this and focus a lot more on the Trophy Room. This is where Madden falters since they don't have anything as unique as the Crib. It puts the Madden cards to shame. When I'm playing Madden, I just try to collect the cards to have the entire collection and not just for cheating purposes. If I want to cheat in my football game, I'll buy Blitz or NFL Street when they arrive to play an arcade football game.

I like the training camp in Madden before the season starts and this would be a great addition to ESPN. Why not have the option of being able to have scrimages with your teamates during the season as a way of holding training camp for ESPN instead of doing something exactly like training camp.

I don't care what anyone says about the running game in ESPN, if you fix the right sliders or even edit the BTK rating for the RB's you will have an excellent running game. I think imo that the running game is smoother in ESPN.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:54 PM   #43
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

candyman56 said:
I don't care what anyone says about the running game in ESPN, if you fix the right sliders or even edit the BTK rating for the RB's you will have an excellent running game. I think imo that the running game is smoother in ESPN.

You don't even need to do all that. The running game is good with default settings and ratings. ts alot more rewarding to once you start stopping the CPU run.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #44
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

ESPN has a laughable special teams engine this year...and the broken tackles are ridicoulous because the size of the back doesn't seem to ever come into play. And somehow I got picked in the endzone by a lb, and I had Ahman Green chasing the guy, but the lb outran ahman green. OK Plus every other game online turns into a shootout, as the defense pursuit angles are dispicable. Hey I like ESPN the best but these problems make me go back to madden sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »