Home

Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep???

This is a discussion on Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep???

THe CPU has thrown it long before, but during the middle of a game I have never ever seen them throw it for a 50+ yarder yet?

I understand that it doesn't happen ALL the time, but every once it a while would have been good. It's all about the drama that is there when the ball is in the air! Remember Randy Moss's catches??? I wonder is anyone has seen those kinds of throws by the CPU during the middle of a game and not at the end of the game when the CPU resorts to a hail mary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #2
Rookie

okieraider's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Has the CPU thrown the deep ball yet? I mean real deep???

Glad you asked! Just yesterday Pennington launched a bomb that traveled 40 yds in the air on a fly pattern to S. Moss and I was burned for a 78 yd td pass.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I personally have never seen it during a game. It bothers me that during a game the CPU never really tries to threaten you with the deep ball. It takes away all of the drama during a contest when you already know from the beginning that the longest pass all day will only be 10-25yds. I never really feel threatened by someone like Randy Moss duing a game because I know the CPU AI won't resort to it. Gamers like to say that it depends on the defense you run, but thats not true because it doesn't make a difference in actual gameplay. Yesterday I saw 5 or 6 bombs in the Viking game alone. Another thing is that the AI is always throwing line drive passes. You don't even get an opportunity to control the DB. This is a big pet peeve of mine.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm looking to see something like that. What mode are your settings? Are you playing a season, exhibition or franchise?
Old 09-29-2003, 11:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

ccdeville said:
I personally have never seen it during a game. It bothers me that during a game the CPU never really tries to threaten you with the deep ball. It takes away all of the drama during a contest when you already know from the beginning that the longest pass all day will only be 10-25yds. I never really feel threatened by someone like Randy Moss duing a game because I know the CPU AI won't resort to it. Gamers like to say that it depends on the defense you run, but thats not true because it doesn't make a difference in actual gameplay. Yesterday I saw 5 or 6 bombs in the Viking game alone. Another thing is that the AI is always throwing line drive passes. You don't even get an opportunity to control the DB. This is a big pet peeve of mine.

If you run a 3-4 and put no pressure on the qb, the AI will throw it deep. And it also depends on the sliders. Right now I hardly see the AI but that's because I'm using an altered version of Nolefan's sliders, which makes the games more defensive. When it used to be on straight all-pro it would go deep on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2003, 11:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

muzion said:
Quote:

ccdeville said:

If you run a 3-4 and put no pressure on the qb, the AI will throw it deep. And it also depends on the sliders. Right now I hardly see the AI but that's because I'm using an altered version of Nolefan's sliders, which makes the games more defensive. When it used to be on straight all-pro it would go deep on me.

Actually, if it's Vick, McNabb, Garcia, or McNair, they will most likely just scramble and go for the first.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:39 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

I get bombs thrown on me all the time. I even had Randy Moss burn me for a 80 yarder right before halftime and 60 yards of it was in the air.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Yep, I've been burned a more than a few times with very deep passes. Favre burns me frequently when when I don't get pressure on him and a WR slashes past my weak set of safeties (Lions defense).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »