Home

After 4 regular season NFL games...tackling issue

This is a discussion on After 4 regular season NFL games...tackling issue within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #9
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: After 4 regular season NFL games...tackling issue

Heres my update. With 5 games left to go my mlb has 173 tackles 26 assists 1 int and 5 sacks. Hes number one in the league 4o tackles ahead of that big eyed freak dexter coakley. This is on 5 minute sim quaters because i think if i had put it on 15 or somethin the league leader would have had 300 tackles. lol
Old 10-09-2003, 11:59 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

kirkangil said:
Heres my update. With 5 games left to go my mlb has 173 tackles 26 assists 1 int and 5 sacks. Hes number one in the league 4o tackles ahead of that big eyed freak dexter coakley. This is on 5 minute sim quaters because i think if i had put it on 15 or somethin the league leader would have had 300 tackles. lol

This is a lot!! Not too many people get 200 tackles in a year, but you're headed for that? What is your technique and what is your LB rated?
Old 10-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

I may have to cut back on my Sim Qtr lengths... I noticed some players of the week (defensive) were getting like 20-25 tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2003, 04:41 PM   #12
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

my mlb is 85 ovr with 85 tackle and 78 spd. My technique ia basically what i said in the post above. I cleanup. I dont do a whole lot of switching players i stay with my mlb unless hes completely out of the play. i strafe with him and try to avoid the blockers and if we engage i shed the block. If its a toss i run across to the play. I dont make the tackle all the time but usually if im second to the ball carrier i makie the tackle. I say 90% of the time the rb breaks the first tackle whether your charged up or not so you have to account for that.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Yeah, I normally rush the QB with my LB and I'll only switch if the pass gets off, and I need to cover deep. or if the ball is handed off and the RB is getting past my defensive line. Hehe, I guess it does seem kinda often, but really it's not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »