Home

WOW, Challenge call may have bug.. Xbox. Check it out...

This is a discussion on WOW, Challenge call may have bug.. Xbox. Check it out... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2003, 03:02 PM   #9
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WOW, Challenge call may have bug.. Xbox. Check it out...

Quote:

CleveCluby said:

Playing Tenn in a very close game.. I am leading 24 - 20. ( Coach Mode )

Tenn is at my 18 yd line.. It is 3rd and 4.. They need to get to my 14. 4th Qt. 3:20 left on clock.

George gets the call and heads towards the side line.. Its a sweep. As he gets real close to the line 2 of my guys hit him, about a half a yd short of the FD marker. Down he goes..

Game gives him a first down... I can't believe it so I challenge the call, SPOT of the Ball...

After looking at review, there is no doubt that I am correct.. They are short of the first down.

Ref announces that after reviewing the play, The call has been reversed and that I will not be charged with a time out.. I am thrilled......

Then the camera cuts back to Tenn's coach who is furious.

Then I look and its Tenn’s ball first and ten... on the 15 yd line.

I won the challenge, they were short, I was not charged a time out, They needed to get to the 14, But some how they were given the first down on the 15...

Three plays later they were in the Endzone.. TD instead of FG... I lose, 27 - 24

Has anyone else experienced anything like this.

what sliders and quarter length do you use for coach mode?
Old 10-07-2003, 08:21 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

NinersFan said:
Quote:

TJdaSportsGuy said:
Think of it this way. If you challenge the spot of a ball, if the referees deem the ball should be spotted ANYWHERE other than where it was originally spotted, then technically, the original call on the field IS being overturned.

It is possible that the referee thought that, although the ball carrier DID get the first down, the ball should be spotted maybe half a yard behind where it was originally spotted. If this is the case, then your challenge was successful and you should not be charged with a timeout.

You are not challenging whether or not the play was a first down. You are challenging the spot of the ball. The spot of the ball may or may not give you a first down, but like what was originally said, if the spot ends up being wrong and is changed after the replay then you have "won" the challenge. The resulting down does not matter.

That would be be true if e.g. the original call said the guy was two yards past the first down marker and the corrected call said he was only one yard past - you'd win the challenge but it would still be a first down - but NOT if the decision puts the ball SHORT of what was the first down marker!

Old 10-07-2003, 08:33 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

you are not allowed to challenge a play with under 2 minutes left in the game(not sure about the half,i think it applies to both)..the review must come from the referee booth,this is a rule in the nfl.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »