Home

GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE

This is a discussion on GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2003, 07:21 AM   #9
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE

If you call your own plays and actually play the game these tendacy sliders mean nothing. I have heard that the sliders affect how well your team is suited to stop the CPU for the week. For instance, if I move the slider more towards run stopping than pass defense, my CPU controlled players will stop the run more efficiently?

Old 10-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Toychri,

That is how I understood it as well.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:11 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

so you are saying the offensive game plan sliders are just there for looks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #12
Pro

The Sliders seem to serve to purpose's

Jurros is saying that if the slider says..

Pass: Short/long.... According to the manual and logical thinking, You would think by moving your slider to the right of center,, ...........>, it would mean you're team would attempt to throw longer passes. And if you moved it to the left,, <.........., They would attempt to throw shorter passes.... That is exactly what I thought..

But after testing this a few times, I tend to agree with him..

It seems by moving the slider to the right of center ,, .........>>>, Your team increases it's attempts or ( calls plays that are very short and safe passes, ) And by moving it left,, <<.......
of center, It goes more for the longer passes. Center is an equal balance or mix of both types of plays based on your teams situation.

This is how it appears to work using CPU. vs CPU. games.. If you are playing Coach mode, or even Arcade style, If you are using LET COACH PICK, or suggest your plays. It seems to choose plays based on those slider settings and of course the teams situation.

We are testing to see if sliders effect Played games, (Arcade control )..

Will be reporting back soon…
Old 10-07-2003, 09:55 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Any new verditcs on this?

I think its right like we thought. I took over two teams for two yrs The rams(passing team) and the dolphins( a team that pounds it)

First for the Rams...for run/pass I had it all red and they passed for over 600(1st in league) times and rushed for around 380 on the yr( almsot last)

The Dolphins I had the run/pass in the first yr all the way grey and then ranked first in run plays on the season and 5th worse on pass plays.

So the second yr I had the rams gameplan all the way greay on run/pass and they ranked top of the league with 595 rushes and 3rd worse in the league in pass with 519 pass plays.

Dolphins second season I had the run/pass all the way red and they were 2nd in the league in pass plays on the season with 610 and was worse in the league in run plays with just 404.

So from this im taking it works like we first thought...not saying you guys are wrong. Just from what I have seen after two simmed seasons. Let me try a few more times.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Aaah damn I dont know...just did it on gameplan sliders set on default and rams were dead lass in pass plays with 520 and almost middle in run plays with 471

Dolphins were 2nd in the leauge with pass plays with 601 and 8th worse on run plays with 450.

I dunno too much.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:13 AM   #15
Pro

Niner..

The thing is I don't think it effects simed games.. Only played, rather it's coach mode, Cpu vs CPU , or Arcade style..

We did the same test and it does not appear to work with sims so far.

We been working on a way to fix KO and Punt returns, But nothing we have tried fixes them..

As far as punts go, I think there is to much hang time and gives the defenders far to much time to get down field. Just for kicks, we edited the speed of the outside guys down to 5... and they were still the first couple to get down there..

Here is another couple of things if you pay close attention.. If you sim a complete season then go check stats, You will find 9 out of ten times that the longest run for most RBs is 80 yds.. You will see 7 or 8 of them with 80 yds.. Not 83, or 85.. Usually exactly 80.. It seems that many RBs must always be right at the 20 yd line when they break it. There are a few exceptions but check it out.

Also if you watch most punts by the CPU will always come down on the 16 yd line. hardly ever beyond the 10.. extreme rarity..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2003, 04:13 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I think it is that way too now after messing around with it. Only in played games it appears:

Run/Pass

Move it towards Pass to run the ball better
Move it towards Run to Pass the ball better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »