Home

VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT...

This is a discussion on VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT...

nfl doesnt want any vicious hits in their games...remember
Old 10-13-2003, 08:57 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 14

Well, that's where helmet-to-helmet or unnecessary roughness penalties would come in... they DEFINITELY shouldn't be frequent though.

I posted something similar to this in Lisa's TACKLE thread or something, but no one really responded.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
The only thing that I like about Madden's tackles is that they have direct tackles and big blows. I mean, ESPN... keep all of your tackling animations that you have right now, but then add the direct blows... mainly all of your tackles... they bring the guy down, they don't knock him down. We need both. I'm not sure this game necessarily has a "big" hit.

Plus, there should be the occasional illegal hit, whether it's a helmet-to-helmet hit, or if it's one of those gang tackles that Terry Tate and that other guy does where one takes the top of the guy, and the other takes the bottom, and they make the guy flip coming from opposite directions. This would be nice as there will be suspensions and fines.

Hopefully they can add this next year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2003, 09:05 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

lmao...quoting himself...you gotta love that
Old 10-14-2003, 09:27 AM   #37
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
The only thing that I like about Madden's tackles is that they have direct tackles and big blows. I mean, ESPN... keep all of your tackling animations that you have right now, but then add the direct blows... mainly all of your tackles... they bring the guy down, they don't knock him down. We need both. I'm not sure this game necessarily has a "big" hit.

There are a few big hits in the game...direct solo tackle animations but not nearly enough. The main one that comes to my mind is the "Shoulder/Forerarm" hit where the tackler makes the hit but is still standing. Theres a couple others. Overall there should be more....especially in terms of Blocks...GOTTA have those killer crackback blocks in there...those de-cleaters!! They'd look cool as hell on returns , sweeps, reverses, whenever!

To go along with these, as I mentioned earlier, there should be realistic player reaction to big hits. Like if you lay a guy out and you KNOW you f'ed him up...he just should be VERY slow to get up. Some should just be kinda laid out for awhile....maybe have cutscene where trainers come to check em out. I hate how when you really level a guy in espn they just spring up. I know in real-life guys get up quick from big hits most of the time but no ALL of the time.

The defensive player celebrations more varied as well after he killshots are made. I'd be cool to hear hose "WOOOOOOOOO!!!" 's comin from the sideline or one the field. Like that after that hit Arrington put on McCardell where somebdoy was like "WOOOOO!!".....thats football baby!!! Maybe the Tackler gets some chest bumps and slaps one the helmet after making the hit...especially in key situations like 3rd dwn conversion attempts, goaline, on ick and punt returns.

BTW If the nfl doesn't like violent hits then their videogames then they should change the real-life game to touch football because when thetre's tacking theres gonna be some violent hits. You just can't have the helmet-to-helmet stuff. VC could add Killshots IMO without any backlash from the league.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:29 PM   #38
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
nfl doesnt want any vicious hits in their games...remember

Don't believe everything ea tells you.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Kanobi, get your *** over to espnvideogames.com and post your "bleep" in the wishlist cuz your ideas are good but will go unoticed in a general topic thread.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:39 PM   #40
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Kanobi, get your *** over to espnvideogames.com and post your "bleep" in the wishlist cuz your ideas are good but will go unoticed in a general topic thread.

No it won't go unoticed. I know VC reads these forums. I've see your Think Tank thread at espnvidogames.com. I'll contribute to it soon. You've been just as active if not more active in making suggestions than I have. I think with the help of nfl2k fans on different forums offering ideas for improvements in various aspects of the game. we'lle looking one incredibly awesome football game next year which is scary because nfl2k4 is the SH!T!!

Better yet, Most of the stuff I've seen guys suggest will likely be used for nfl2k6..on the PS3!!! THAT game IMO...is gonna rock the football-gaming world. Okak okay...enough...i feel my sanity slipping away again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »