Home

Corey Dillon broke 42 tackles on me!!!!!

This is a discussion on Corey Dillon broke 42 tackles on me!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Corey Dillon broke 42 tackles on me!!!!!

Seems like Roy Williams sucks at tackling since everyone has him on their team.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:27 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:
Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:

Well...please oh wise one....enlighten me on your Tony Dungy like defensive skills.

AuburnAlumni -

What, exactly, are you looking for? Just for everyone to go "You're right. Too many broken tackles. You're the man, AA."?

If you mock people who are trying to give you advice, whet's the point? Personally, I don't have a problem with broken tackles - I'm no defensive genius, but I know how to play solid, conservative D and to tackle well.

But since you know how to ball, and anyone offering advide is full of themselves ... I don't know what to say. That sucks. You were robbed. Maybe you should make some more trades. Maybe you should play another game.

Woah Fossen...you misunderstood. I wasn't mocking Beastmaster....that was aimed at PrimeTime.

I appreciated Beastmaster's ideas and will fully try to implement them.

The only guy that was aimed at was when PrimeTime started saying how great he was with no evidence of actual tips or such.

Beastmaster...if you thought my remarks were aimed at you...I apologize. They certainly were not.

On a side note...I'm not the man...I'm merely the assistant to "the man".

If you have Xbox Live i'll bus you up real quick and you can come back and tell everybody about it. When playing defense you can stop everything. If they run to the outside shift your DBs to the outside, LBs to the strong side and d-line to the middle so if they run to the outside the CB force them back to the inside and then you got a gang tackle. If they keep doing slant routes just shift your corners to play inside and pick the MLB it's that easy. If you see somebody who keps running to the same side use the hot blitz and send your OLB and use the DT on that side to get the tackle.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #35

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree with Terry. I consistently hold my ONLINE opponents to a very low rushing total.

Again, the key is to lay of the blitz in obvious running situations. Its called overpursuit. If you send 3 LB's into the middle of the line and he runs a toss play; you're dead.

I'd say 85% of the people I play online run to the right side of the line. You have to mix up your plays.

Example. I played a guy online last night who played the Rams and was my Steelers. He won 10-7. Thats all of the scoring. Both of our RB's had low running totals and the game hinged on his QB breaking a sack on 4 and long.

You have to mix up your D and be smart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2003, 03:50 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

BSB215 said:
Quote:

PrimeTime21 said:
Quote:

dano said:
a typical response from a teenager.

i'm a grown man with kids that go to school it's funny how you little kids on the net use that as a response when you have nothing to say.

You're a grown man who comes on message boards to argue that your video football game is better than someone else's preferred game LOL. You should take a bottle of sleeping pills and end that mi serable life.

Old 10-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 12

It'll be interesting if VC implements something like playmaker to flip the direction of the run without flipping the formation. Would make cheating to the strong side harder.

Old 10-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #38
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

It's already there. Click Audible, and click down on the right thumbstick.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah, I was wondering why that wasn't in there...

<edit> Sorry SoMiss I meant to reply, and I guess I clicked "edit" instead
Old 10-09-2003, 05:25 PM   #40
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah...if you aubible and hit black (on XBox), it flips the entire play. R thumbstick just flips the route.

On a related note, if you click the R stick and then hit a receiver button, it hotroutes to a block instead of a pass pattern...most people know about that one, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »