Home

ESPN 2K4 Editor Needed!

This is a discussion on ESPN 2K4 Editor Needed! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #17
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ESPN 2K4 Editor Needed!

This was the default roster on PS2 (not sure if it's different on xbox). I have to transfer the save back over to my pc because I don't have it anymore, but that isn't a problem.

If you scroll down far enough in the hex, you'll start seeing player names, schools, coaches, playbooks and stadiums. I obviously don't know the offset off the top of my head but you should be able to find it pretty easily.

Like I said above, I'm still a novice at editing hex but don't offsets change when you change the "width". So what's like the standard "width" to give you the offsets? Hope that made sense. I'll try to dig through the hex in a little bit.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Awesome, maybe this can happen after all . I really love the presentation in 2k4, for whatever reason it feels more immersive. Regarding my post re crcs, I don't remember . I think I was saying that if the game doesn't have some hash stuff it checks, then we may be able to write a converter to take a 2k4 file and turn it into a 2k5 file. Then use the editor, and finally convert back.
I'm a sw developer with experience at all parts of the software stack but not a lot of recent experience reverse engineering hex. Any tips or advice?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #19
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Awesome, maybe this can happen after all . I really love the presentation in 2k4, for whatever reason it feels more immersive. Regarding my post re crcs, I don't remember . I think I was saying that if the game doesn't have some hash stuff it checks, then we may be able to write a converter to take a 2k4 file and turn it into a 2k5 file. Then use the editor, and finally convert back.
I'm a sw developer with experience at all parts of the software stack but not a lot of recent experience reverse engineering hex. Any tips or advice?
I've been researching the HEX gamesave and I'm struggling with getting the file to load after making a simple change to the file.

I have a new thread asking this question...
Thread Link

I've got a new program which can at least read the names into a table, but I'm trying now to get a way to save the file. I suspect the crc is an obstacle because the game will not open the save properly even when I make a small manual edit to the file like position.

I know Finn used a DLL called savesig.dll with his editor, but that is not compatible with my .NET 3.5 C# program.

I did a little research out there for tools or dll's which could do this, but still have yet to find something I can use to make it work. If I can get a DLL to do this for me, then I can keep moving with my code work.

The below link describes the XBOX resigning process and may be the key to building the code, but I just haven't had the time to fully digest the article...
XBOX resigning link

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by KingJavo; 09-16-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Id be more than willing to make a donation toward this project
Old 09-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #21
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

Last night I was able to uncover the 20 bytes in the start of the HEX savegame.dat file which seem to be at least one place the XBOX digital signature exists.

I'm still not sure how to replicate it fully using C#, but I think I'm getting close.

If anyone has any code to help then please send my way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javo007
Last night I was able to uncover the 20 bytes in the start of the HEX savegame.dat file which seem to be at least one place the XBOX digital signature exists.

I'm still not sure how to replicate it fully using C#, but I think I'm getting close.

If anyone has any code to help then please send my way.
Good work & good luck on this!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Something I should note is that I play 2k on ps2 and have a softmodded ps2 with action replay. So for me, the signing/resigning may be different (i'll probably use ps2 save builder).
Old 09-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #24
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

I could use some help identifying offsets for each attribute... skin, color, weight, college, etc. Basically, all of the columns in the editor for a player.

If you have anyone else who's interested in helping then let's get them onboard. I'm trying to make this into a reality somehow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »