Home

CPU VIP VS CPU VIP flaws

This is a discussion on CPU VIP VS CPU VIP flaws within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU VIP VS CPU VIP flaws

To chicago96, No i was'nt aware that the issue of the cpu vs cpu glitch was discovered but to answer about the franchise vip you can definitely use vip coach for your franchise ive done it before & its easy to do. When setting up a franchise when you get to the screen where you choose the franchise you want to play a season with. You will notice if you move your right stick on the controller so you can choose your vip as the coach for the season (make sure vip is loaded) but in order to get the vip to record all tendecies or stats for each game you would have to do gamecast live & jump in about the 4th qtr. I usually jump in around the 2 min warning. When the games ends i save the VIP & move to the next game. Ive created new vips & went through a whole season just to get the tendecies of billichick of the patroits. If you put a vip on a franchise that has already been programmed a certain way that franchise team will play with those tendecies. But here is the draw back for vip in franchise. You can do vip vs vip in franchise but its limited to 4 teams when your first setting your franchise up becuase the controller will only allow you to choose only 4 vips 1 for each of the 4 franchises that you control. You cant set up 32 Vips team coaches.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
Rookie

Dolphin26 i thought that was the case but it happens even if the audibles are all in zone coverage. The DBs, LBs, everyone will leave their zone coverage to blitz the qb. In order for you to see this you have to set up a VIP CPU coach vs VIP CPU coach & assign each team a created playbook as stated above in this thread. I programmed a vip coach (Bill walsh) to play like the 89 49ers west coast calling a lot of audibles at the line especially to jerry rice & so when i matchup bill walsh vip with another vip coach Montana is guaranteed a 14 spread when the defense (entire defense) will leave their WRS WIDE OPEN & blitz the qb for an easy TOUCHDOWN TOSS. Frustrating. Although this happens it doesnt happens if you assign the defense the west coast playbook but every team does'nt use the west coast playbook right? I noticed also when i matchup vip bill walsh with Chuck knoll vip that the glitch will still happen somewhere in the game giving the 89 49ers 2 easy tds from the glitch but the 78 steelers will some how most of the time come back to win. Weaker teams are not able to bounce back. So now my research is to find out why this never happens to the 49ers who's using the west coast playbook? I matchup up the 49ers against themselves cpu vs cpu coach with each with the west coast playbook didnt happen 1 time. So it must be a glitch with created playbook when watching a cpu vip coach vs another?

Last edited by galesayers777; 06-23-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

For use in the franchise could you just control all teams and in the team selection couldn't you hace two controllers load the vip's and switch to watch a cpu vs cpu?
P.S Can you get them to scramble more? I thought I got it to work once, but I guess it was just a fluke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
Rookie

No can do the game wont let you load up more than 4 vips even if you have 2 controllers. but ofcourse in franchise you can control all 32 teams but only 4 of them can be assign vip coaches. Donr know if the qb scramble more in franchise i would say the vip works about the same in quick game or franchise. The way i have my settings the qb does move around the pocket a little before throwing. but i dont expect every qb to scramble well.

Last edited by galesayers777; 06-24-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #13
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesayers777
No can do the game wont let you load up more than 4 vips even if you have 2 controllers. but ofcourse in franchise you can control all 32 teams but only 4 of them can be assign vip coaches. Donr know if the qb scramble more in franchise i would say the vip works about the same in quick game or franchise. The way i have my settings the qb does move around the pocket a little before throwing. but i dont expect every qb to scramble well.
Actually I was talking about when your about to play a game in franchise mode couldn't you just choose one vip on one controller and another on another controller and when your in game just move the controllers back to the middle?
And if its not to much of a burden could you upload your vip thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
Rookie

You can always put your controller in the middle for your vip match in franchise, but the problem is that the team your going up against may or may not have an assign vip when you set up the franchise & chose 4 teams to be assign a vip. You wOnt be able to use a 2nd controller to assign one to your opponent either becuase you already assigned 4 vips (maximum) to 4 teams. A vip vs vip match in franchise will also depend on your game schedule if you assigned a vip to dallas cowboys when you set up the franchise season & you play them in week 5 that matchup will be a vip coach vs vip coach. As far as loading up my vip i dont have a personal vip i have or made many vip coaches for each classic teams. 85 bears vip coach tendecies would be totally different from 78 cowboys becuase their are some goal line plays where the vip will pick the plays with William refrigerator perry plunges or dives into the goal line with payton blocking. I think one of the top 10 vip coaches i have is 70 colts Don Shula Johnny unitas This team was great & the vip i programmed for it has Johnny Unitas carefully take his time & picking the defense apart with medium & short precise passing. Their defense is very good with big bubba smith. One vip i made for another classic team & they mostly never lose at home. The 69 chiefs Hank Stram is a hard to beat vip coach i loaded their playbook with hank strams favorite trap plays & took out all the shot gun plays becuase most teams back then never used the shotgun with the exceptions of the cowboys during the 70s. The Hank stram vip Plays superb with the running of Mike garrett & passing of Len dawson. But anyway i wouldnt know how to upload a vip on the computer & like a said i dont have a personal vip. Im into classic teams so i create classic team vip coaches TO RECREATE HOW THAT TEAM PLAYED IN REAL LIFE!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #15
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Any progress on this? I would love to make vip coaches for my rosters, but i'm not sure if it's working in cpu vs cpu games. I would give a computer team my vip which I haven't audible or motioned with and move the controller on the other team. But when I switch to watch a CPU vs CPU game they don't pump fake scramble and still audible and motion players. Also any way to QB's to scramble consistently with vip's? They would scramble 3 times in a row in one game then never scramble again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »