Home

i'm tired of [censored you naughty boy] like this

This is a discussion on i'm tired of [censored you naughty boy] like this within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2003, 02:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
i\'m tired of [censored you naughty boy] like this

I just read the review sports gaming had up of ESPN, they dig on the commentary, saying it disjointed? When a review comes up and they complain about the commentary, I automatically dismiss the review, no matter how the review goes. No other game on this planet has better commentary than ESPN. The sad thing is I looked at the FIFA playable demo review, and that article said about this game that "fifa has award winning game play", what a [censored you naughty boy] joke. We all know Winning Eleven is the best and fifa will never get the code.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2003, 07:18 AM   #2
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: i\'m tired of [censored you naughty boy] like this

Quote:

wooz123 said:
I just read the review sports gaming had up of ESPN, they dig on the commentary, saying it disjointed? When a review comes up and they complain about the commentary, I automatically dismiss the review, no matter how the review goes. No other game on this planet has better commentary than ESPN. The sad thing is I looked at the FIFA playable demo review, and that article said about this game that "fifa has award winning game play", what a [censored you naughty boy] joke. We all know Winning Eleven is the best and fifa will never get the code.

People have their own opinions you know

If they feel ESPN's commentary sucks, then who cares? Thats their opinion on it...I for one love it.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

Who cares about commentary anyway? After a week of playing it gets old and stale no matter how good it is. Commentators are a complete waste of time and money. No game should even bother with it.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Qrashman said:
Who cares about commentary anyway? After a week of playing it gets old and stale no matter how good it is. Commentators are a complete waste of time and money. No game should even bother with it.

I think the commentary adds a lot to game. Television presention of the NFL is part of what makes it great. The thing game commentary lacks is the spontaneity, something a good announcer delivers in spades throughout a football broadcast. For commentary, I think they should stick to basic information. The more spontaneous the developers try to be with commentary, the better it sounds the first time and the MORE REPETITIVE it sounds after the 10th time.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:55 AM   #5
Banned

I think the reviewer may have been pointing out all the hiccups and mistakes in the commentary this year, and there are plenty.

But, it's not so big a deal that it diminishes the great work that VC did this year on the game overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

MrClardy - good points on the generalality of the games commentary. If it is kept to general and situation specific, then it would seem more natural in the end. For instance, lets take professional voiceover. They always seem to throw in there inherited traits during gameplay and not specific to play situation on hand, in time this gets very repetitive. With ESPN general and specific playcalling, to me, adds depth and actually keeps you informed.

As for the presentation, after two long grueling seasons ( have not made the Superbowl yet),
I still find it quite amazing and am still continuing to build my 49'rs to that elite status...
work, work. How fun it is!
Old 10-16-2003, 03:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Svar till:

wooz123 said:

so true, And if that site said FIFA is better than winning eleven series, itīs clearly a crap site. FIFA is lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »