Home

I'm ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player......

This is a discussion on I'm ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player...... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
I\'m ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player......

that I haven't been able to beat the Raiders on All Pro with no one but the Dolphins. As I said earlier I'm a descent player with a very repectable XBL record but the Raiders give me the blues. The only reason I'm able to beat them with the dolphins is that of course if you in any way know how to use the shoulder charge, then Ricky is unstoppable. Anyhow maybe the Raiders just have my number. They continue to beat me with between 6 and 10 points. However if you haven't played them in a regular "Quick Game" only, not season game and are looking for a competitive game try the Raiders on All Pro and let me know how you guys fair. I have been able to beat them in my season probably due to injuries or something so play them in a Quick Game with the default time settings and sliders. Signed Raider *****
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I\'m ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player......

Quote:

thebrim said:
that I haven't been able to beat the Raiders on All Pro with no one but the Dolphins. As I said earlier I'm a descent player with a very repectable XBL record but the Raiders give me the blues. The only reason I'm able to beat them with the dolphins is that of course if you in any way know how to use the shoulder charge, then Ricky is unstoppable. Anyhow maybe the Raiders just have my number. They continue to beat me with between 6 and 10 points. However if you haven't played them in a regular "Quick Game" only, not season game and are looking for a competitive game try the Raiders on All Pro and let me know how you guys fair. I have been able to beat them in my season probably due to injuries or something so play them in a Quick Game with the default time settings and sliders. Signed Raider *****

Well, the Raiders are a pretty good team on this game even though I hate them like nothing else.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: I\'m ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player......

I actually play on default Legend sliders now......the dolphins are beast on Legend and it's not because of Ricky Williams cause I have no problem containing him, it's their sick defense....Surtain and Madison intercept anything that comes their way.

Good offensive teams are a joke to me
Good defensive teams are killers
Old 10-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I\'m ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player..

I've had some luck against them. I've been playing on All-Pro, 5 minutes, default sliders. I've had a few really close games and some blow outs against them (some wins, some losses) in both franchise and quick games. Some teams that I remember using were the Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens. I might have played against them as the Dolphins too.

I didn't really do anything special in the games that I won. I tend to play a clock control type of offense. Multi-play drives (love the run and short pass game) that take time off the clock. I guess that's not too fair to them given that it's 5 min quarters, but I always play that way, whatever the quarter length is.

In the games I've played, they've given me the middle quite a bit when I go 4 and 5 wide. I've had success running drag patterns over the middle, 5-and-ins, 10-and-ins, and slants with a bunch of run plays mixed in and the occasional playaction deep pass.

On defense, I really mix things up against them (and any team I play for that matter). I like to blitz a lot too (but usually only 1 guy blitzing but from different places).

Raiders are usually pretty tough. Good games though, lots of fun.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

ATrillionaire said:
the dolphins are beast on Legend and it's not because of Ricky Williams cause I have no problem containing him, it's their sick defense....Surtain and Madison intercept anything that comes their way.

I play on All-Pro and used to play as the Dolphins because I like pounding the ball with Ricky. But you are dead right about their D. I play a lot of zone and Madison/Surtain were good for 2-3 picks a game. It was making things too easy so I play as the Ravens now.

I cannot stand to play as the Bears because I have to look at Jauron on the sidelines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2003, 09:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Re: I'm ashamed to say that although I consider myself a good player..
To add a new twist to this, how bad is it loosing to your wife and your friends wife.
I CLEARLY suck!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:37 AM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Raiders beat me on All Pro in the AFC championship game my first season a few days ago I was the Patriots...it was a good game though, I only lost by 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »