Home

Whats your favorite difficulty?

This is a discussion on Whats your favorite difficulty? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Whats your favorite difficulty?

I've tried numerous games on legend and all-pro. So far I've found that legend pretty much makes your players slow, dumb, butterfingery, and unable to block. Yet it is quite the challenge and fun at times (when I'm not screaming at Fitzgerald for dropping a pass). All-Pro I found was just about the same difficulty without my players being slow, dumb, and dropping every other pass thrown. My running game somewhat improved as well as my blocking schemes and running lanes. So I'm curious, what do you guys think? Does legend just dumb your players down to make it harder or does it actually give you an edge by bad CPU choices and bad playcalling? What's your thought and chioces on difficulties?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Whats your favorite difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
I've tried numerous games on legend and all-pro. So far I've found that legend pretty much makes your players slow, dumb, butterfingery, and unable to block. Yet it is quite the challenge and fun at times (when I'm not screaming at Fitzgerald for dropping a pass). All-Pro I found was just about the same difficulty without my players being slow, dumb, and dropping every other pass thrown. My running game somewhat improved as well as my blocking schemes and running lanes. So I'm curious, what do you guys think? Does legend just dumb your players down to make it harder or does it actually give you an edge by bad CPU choices and bad playcalling? What's your thought and chioces on difficulties?
I agree legend is a little unrealistic and the AI's pursuit tackling etc is unrealistic also. I hate it when I do a fantasy draft and draft a great defense with Ray Lewis as my LB just to see him get ran over every other play.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
I agree legend is a little unrealistic and the AI's pursuit tackling etc is unrealistic also. I hate it when I do a fantasy draft and draft a great defense with Ray Lewis as my LB just to see him get ran over every other play.
Haha. How funny. I did a fantasy draft and drafted Ray Lewis with my first pick. I know what you mean with the pursuit. It gets unbearable when you hit a guy in the open field only to be ran down from a defender that wasn't even on screen. There's such a big gap between how fast the CPU is and USER on legend. Only thing I'm now having problems with is blowing out teams on All-Pro. I won my last 2 games 28-0 and 31-0. They were a lot of fun and my defense is 100 overall but I shouldn't be shutting teams out like that. On legend though, it's almost impossible to run on the CPU or even break a big play on the ground. It just seems like my OL's blocking gets so bad on legend to where they miss blocks on every run. I think the biggest run I broke for was like 12 yards.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
Haha. How funny. I did a fantasy draft and drafted Ray Lewis with my first pick. I know what you mean with the pursuit. It gets unbearable when you hit a guy in the open field only to be ran down from a defender that wasn't even on screen. There's such a big gap between how fast the CPU is and USER on legend. Only thing I'm now having problems with is blowing out teams on All-Pro. I won my last 2 games 28-0 and 31-0. They were a lot of fun and my defense is 100 overall but I shouldn't be shutting teams out like that. On legend though, it's almost impossible to run on the CPU or even break a big play on the ground. It just seems like my OL's blocking gets so bad on legend to where they miss blocks on every run. I think the biggest run I broke for was like 12 yards.
Ummm, you guys know about Bill's slider set, right? Its the slider edits that everyone in this community seems to live by. They make legend play MUCH more realistic. In fact, id say they make the game feel more like the NFL than it does on any of the game's original settings.
I have them written down in an old notebook and I can post them if you guys would like.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pants_face
Ummm, you guys know about Bill's slider set, right? Its the slider edits that everyone in this community seems to live by. They make legend play MUCH more realistic. In fact, id say they make the game feel more like the NFL than it does on any of the game's original settings.
I have them written down in an old notebook and I can post them if you guys would like.
Please do post them if you get a chance thanks

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
Please do post them if you get a chance thanks
No problem, I've posted them in a new thread in hopes that more people will be able to find and enjoy them. "Bill's NFL Realism Sliders". Cheers!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pants_face
lol just about everyone has heard of his sliders. I'm not really all for using custom sliders because they change to much sometimes to help out the QB, and gives unfair advantages to the cpu. It ruins some of the other stuff the game does well. Other then QB play defalut sliders play better than any other sports game (not counting APF2k8) imo. Yeah with radja rspencer bill's sliders the QB plays better but then you'll have RB's breaking too many tackles and your defensive stars don't shine no more. Default sliders play great imo.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
Rookie

We recommend All-Pro. Pro is a bit too forgiving, especially in the ground game. Legend is for those who want the ultimate in challenge, or you can do a blend of what you like by manipulating the Custom sliders.

Last edited by AlacratStore; 09-11-2012 at 07:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »