Home

2K5 Franchise stats

This is a discussion on 2K5 Franchise stats within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K5 Franchise stats

The one thing holding me back on 2k5 is how the stats don't reset from year to year in franchise, it urks me. Is this normal? I've looked around and haven't found anything on it or anything else that suggests this is normal. If this is am easy fix I apologize for wasting your time. Can anyone please help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2K5 Franchise stats

It has something to do with changing the yrs pro in a custom roster. It bothers me too, did some testing with my roster and it only happened in the 2nd and 3rd year of my franchise then it goes back to normal during the 4th year. Wish I knew a fix
Old 08-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
It has something to do with changing the yrs pro in a custom roster. It bothers me too, did some testing with my roster and it only happened in the 2nd and 3rd year of my franchise then it goes back to normal during the 4th year. Wish I knew a fix
When I first made my rosters I would sim a season and seen a lot of that. Then what I did is instead of changing years pro for players in editor. I just sorted players by years pro and change there attributes and bios and that did the trick. I download your rosters in there were a lot of players with this problem. So I grabbed a random player (Jason Campbell). and seen his years pro wasn't the same with his stats from his career. He was an 8 year pro, but there was 6 years worth of stats, and once I changed him to a 6 year man no problem. And that is what im guessing would cause the problem.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah that makes sense. I think I'm just too far in to editing to try to fix it lol.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
When I first made my rosters I would sim a season and seen a lot of that. Then what I did is instead of changing years pro for players in editor. I just sorted players by years pro and change there attributes and bios and that did the trick. I download your rosters in there were a lot of players with this problem. So I grabbed a random player (Jason Campbell). and seen his years pro wasn't the same with his stats from his career. He was an 8 year pro, but there was 6 years worth of stats, and once I changed him to a 6 year man no problem. And that is what im guessing would cause the problem.

No need to guess you are correct what I've notice is most base files using rosters already created work just fine however there was a process using the import/export feature to get them into a clean roster for naming players to avoid naming issues which works just fine....except for one thing the years pro.

The editor doesn't compensate or adjust for that player to player thus you get the years pro but they're not in sync with the player its suppose to be associated with, the only way to fix this issue is to put back the correct year associated with the player its suppose to be assigned to.

Other then that it works just fine, I mentioned this before along with Dolphin who reminded me of this awhile back concerning import/exports of roster files....check the data after the process and you'll see the years pro have to be re-assigned.

Finn hasn't updated the editor in awhile to compensate for this so you'll have to make the adjustment on your own for the correct years pro...that will solve the issue concerning the players stats when simulated.

Some guys don't mind seeing the years pro off a bit unless you intend on going deep into the franchise mode which make it a must have for correct numbers to associate with the players tenure years in the NFL.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

No, because this still happens even when its not a custom roster. Even with the games normal rosters, it still doesnt reset players statistics year after year. Like for an example, I'll have Joe Flacco on my team and I'll play through the first year and lets just say he had 3350 yards, after the first game of the second season, he already has thrown 3600 that year. I dont have much knowledge on editing this game as I just download premade rosters and dont use Finns editor.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceanddic3
No, because this still happens even when its not a custom roster. Even with the games normal rosters, it still doesnt reset players statistics year after year. Like for an example, I'll have Joe Flacco on my team and I'll play through the first year and lets just say he had 3350 yards, after the first game of the second season, he already has thrown 3600 that year. I dont have much knowledge on editing this game as I just download premade rosters and dont use Finns editor.
Not really sure how this happened. I have never had that problem with the default game.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Not really sure how this happened. I have never had that problem with the default game.
Thats really weird.. I have no clue what I did. I just wanna fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »