Home

Do You think You have Skills If you use the Dolphins?

This is a discussion on Do You think You have Skills If you use the Dolphins? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2003, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Do You think You have Skills If you use the Dolphins?

In reality Dolphin users don't have much skills as well as football knowledge, they think they do...but they're just using the teams strengths to overpower another team.

I want to see Dolphin users use a weak team.

Let's see if they can even win one game with a weak team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Do You think You have Skills If you use the Dolphins?

I'm guessing you lost to someone using the Dolphins?
Old 10-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
Banned

Yes thats my goal to beat the Dolphins consistently with the Cardinals.

VC needs to add an EQ rank category online next year for each difficulty...this would make games more competitive..instead of relying on team strengths, gamers will have to rely more on strategy to win. No more cheese with Ricky Williams.

Old 10-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

although there are some dolphin users who are very skilled, the majority of dolphin users are scrubs. however, even they can be beaten fairly easy if all they do is run ricky williams and dont vary their playcalling. the thing most people need to take in is that you can't stop him, you can only contain him. i usually submit to dolphin users 65-100 yards a game through a bend, but dont break playcalling. playing aggressive with blitzes and in bear packages usually fails if you dont stop him with a gang tackle at the line of scrimmage. its all about varying your playcalling. i mostly play in zones in which my linebackers roam around instead of trying to have to get off their blocks in man coverage. learn to use DL/LB shifts and bring a safety to form 8 in the box and charge up your tackles on ricky.

against their defense, there isnt much i can tell you except to try your best and be patient with the D by previewing the field before the snap and making adjustments. most of the time, i try to establish the run to force them to a more aggressive stance and try to beat them with speedouts and slants to the wideouts. however, it is usually easier said than done =( its all about being unpredictable and making the other person offbalance with their playcalling. sorry, but thats to the best of my knowledge. i've learned over time that the more you play against dolphin users, the better you become as a player online as you learn to make good decisions against a tough defense. if all else fails, just dont play against them =P hope that helps.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

digitalandroid said:
Yes thats my goal to beat the Dolphins consistently with the Cardinals.

VC needs to add an EQ rank category online next year for each difficulty...this would make games more competitive..instead of relying on team strengths, gamers will have to rely more on strategy to win. No more cheese with Ricky Williams.

EQ is a bad idea, the whole point of having an NFL licence, teams, players, is so that every team isn't the same and there is strategy to playing with a bad team.

if you can't beat the dolphins or don't like playing against them then don't, it's simple, or play dolphins vs dolphins and prove that you have more "skill".

but who really cares? you can tell if someone is cheap by their record and it's as simple as not playing them. there are plenty of people to play out there and no need to even think about the few who are cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2003, 12:46 AM   #6
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

use the Bucs just put Derrick Brooks on Ricky
Old 10-28-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

All I know is my wife kicked the living crap out of my buddy, who was using the Dolphins. She was Houston by the way.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:05 AM   #8
Rookie

i agree the dolphins are very dominant in this game. you caould be the worst player and still win with the dolphins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »