Home

fantasy draft really sux

This is a discussion on fantasy draft really sux within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2003, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
fantasy draft really sux

can't believe CPU would pick center and kicker in the 1st round. the 1st round 30th pick should also get the 31st pick overall, which it doesn't happen. the team have 1st pick overall take the 31st...and some teams stock up 2 QB or 2 RB in the 1st 2 rounds, IT SUX!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: fantasy draft really sux

Um.. there's 32 teams, why would the team with the first pick also get the 31st?
Old 11-01-2003, 04:08 PM   #3
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Agreed, the fantasy draft really let me down. Me and my brother normally always do a fantasy draft franchise so we can create our own teams and see whose better...but we tried one and some teams had three pro bowl QBs while others were starting QBs like Bouman. I didn't like it much.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Bah! I don't think it's THAT bad..

It's actually pretty rough. It's near impossible to draft a balanced team right out of the gate. I mean, if you want a top-notch RB, then you're going to have to pay the price of letting 31 other teams get to pick over the QB's... if you want a top-notch QB, vice versa. I like they fact that you gotta be REALLY shrewd with your picks. AND they throw you a curve sometimes. I browsed through the wide receivers during my draft. I saw Santana Moss was still available, but he was like 20-25 WR's down the list (sorted by ratings). I figured, "Oh, he'll be left when I come back." Sure as hell he was gone, and it didn't seem like the list ahead of him was even touched! So, you really gotta be on your toes... at least IMO.

Edit: Oh, I can see a good C going in the 3rd round or so, if you really want to protect that #1 pick QB you got, but yeah, the kicker thing, you can wait until about rounds 8 or 9 before you really gotta start even worrying about what legs are left in the pool.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

there is a way to cheat in the draft, take your star rb's, qb's, wr's, cb's, and lb's with your first picks. then with like your next 10-15 picks you can take guards and tackles who hae ratings in the low 90's/high 80's, or top safeties who are high 80's. then you have a crazy *** team and can trade all your extra players for star wr's or whatever that were drafted before you got the chance to take them.

oh and the draft sorta does suck, every time i do it a team has like the top 3 rbs. in my current season the colts have tomlinson, jamal lewis, and portis on their team. what the hell is that?? and there seems to be no way to make a trade with them so a team with dominic rhodes as their starter gets one of those guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »