Home

Have You Ever Heard THIS Bit of Commentary From ESPN NFL Football...?

This is a discussion on Have You Ever Heard THIS Bit of Commentary From ESPN NFL Football...? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #9
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Have You Ever Heard THIS Bit of Commentary From ESPN NFL Football...?

Kelvar...

I hear you, but come on. There's this myth/stereotype--however ridiculous it may be, but there nonetheless--that blacks are associated with fried chicken. I know of this because I'm black. I'm not at all offended by the comment in the game, however I think they should have made it ANY other kind of food because the stereotype is out there. People get offended by things, and it's not people's right to judge others because they are sensitive about it.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Have You Ever Heard THIS Bit of Commentary From ESPN NFL Football.

I'm half black... but I'm also allergic to fried chicken.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:23 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

The one I hear too often is " he not only cleaned his clock, he buffed and polished it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2003, 09:48 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Kelvarr said:
Quote:

queens211 said:
I heard one while playing last night. The computer threw to a receiver and he dropped the pass. The one commentator said that the "wide receiver shouldn't have eaten that fried chicken before the game." I'm not sure what commentator it was, I guess it was the color guy (no pun intended). For a second though I thought that maybe it was Rush Limbaugh.

And this, folks, is a case why Political Correctness can be bad, and most certainly has gone too far.

I have heard that one before, and associating fried chicken with black people is not the first thing that I thought of. Fried chicken is greasy. Period. Plain and simple. Ever eaten at KFC, Churches, or Popeye's? Your hands are slicker than snot after handling those oh-so-good pieces of chicken.

No offense, but I cannot stand PC idiots who yell at this kind of thing being in a game!

First of all I wasn't yelling. So maybe your the idiot. Secondly, when I heard it I too thought that it was funny. I was simply adding to the conversation. As far as living in an analy uptight society with fancy terms such as "politically correct", I'm about as politically incorrect as they come. My Rush Limbaugh comment was in jest because no matter what is said these days it can be turned around, flipped over and than viewed as a racial comment.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

queens211 said:
Quote:

Kelvarr said:
Quote:

queens211 said:
I heard one while playing last night. The computer threw to a receiver and he dropped the pass. The one commentator said that the "wide receiver shouldn't have eaten that fried chicken before the game." I'm not sure what commentator it was, I guess it was the color guy (no pun intended). For a second though I thought that maybe it was Rush Limbaugh.

And this, folks, is a case why Political Correctness can be bad, and most certainly has gone too far.

I have heard that one before, and associating fried chicken with black people is not the first thing that I thought of. Fried chicken is greasy. Period. Plain and simple. Ever eaten at KFC, Churches, or Popeye's? Your hands are slicker than snot after handling those oh-so-good pieces of chicken.

No offense, but I cannot stand PC idiots who yell at this kind of thing being in a game!

First of all I wasn't yelling. So maybe your the idiot. Secondly, when I heard it I too thought that it was funny. I was simply adding to the conversation. As far as living in an analy uptight society with fancy terms such as "politically correct", I'm about as politically incorrect as they come. My Rush Limbaugh comment was in jest because no matter what is said these days it can be turned around, flipped over and than viewed as a racial comment.

Gotcha. It didn't sound quite like that when I first read it. Maybe it was my interpretation of what you wrote. When you say it the way you just did, I agree 100% completely with you.

It wasn't also supposed to be an attack on you, or saying that you were doing the yelling.

I just meant that in our society, things like this shouldn't even be an issue. Take things for what they are worth...nothing more. Don't try to read into what is said for some "implied meaning", when it wasn't even trying to be implied in the first place. That's all.

After your 2nd post, it appears we are on the same page.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:01 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

no harm no foul my man. Peace.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:33 AM   #15

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

You know what...i have heard the spam line 10,000 times.

But the commentray is light years ahead of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 11:44 AM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

"Spam" and 'Origami Artist" are starting to wear very thin...

But for some reason I ALWAYS laugh at the "diving helmet and oven mits" thing...lol...

I LOVE unlocking new commentary...

In Madden it had to do with slider combos and lenght of 'chise etc...

Not sure yet what triggers this title...

I cna't remember what they were but...I have heard a few longer comments/routines only once or twice so far...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »