Home

How to set up a screen?

This is a discussion on How to set up a screen? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to set up a screen?

In madden we all know the trick of rolling out away from where your TE/HB/FB/WR is "screening" at, but because of the QB mechanics in 2k5 it's impossible to just roll out away without getting sacked. This is one thing preventing me from setting up a HB screen, another is the blocking, is it just me or does the HB set up farther down the field than the lineman go? I really have only completed like 2 screens ever so if anyone can help me out here it would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How to set up a screen?

havent ever ran a screen for postive yards so i took it out my playbook.
---->PURE Post Scorer Highlights<-----
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, screens are weird in 2k. I'll get lucky and get positive yards sometimes but usually I'll get stopped right away. It's like the RB's acceleration is rated 0 and they get nowhere lol. I seem to have better luck at WR screens
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Which WR screen in particular? Off the top of my head I can only think of that awkward 4 WR on one side screen for the JAX playbook.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Try changing your rb route to an outside route or a stop route, depending on how you feel better, other thing that have worked for me is leading the receiver a little to the inside and upfield, but the most important thing is to go practice a lot, if you try to run a screen that you havent mastered in a real game you will likely lose yards. Hopes that help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem I always had was when the RB stopped, it took FOREVER to turn back upfield. The way I usually run screens is to give the RB a bullet pass right BEFORE he stops, so he catches in stride.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
The problem I always had was when the RB stopped, it took FOREVER to turn back upfield. The way I usually run screens is to give the RB a bullet pass right BEFORE he stops, so he catches in stride.
That works too,

I usually press the shoulder charge button as he catches it, although this will cause the RB to move backwards for a little bit, but he wont have his feet stuck in glue.

Press the shoulder charge and then start sprinting, he'll do a half circle and it will give you time for your blockers to set up, even still it's not 100% and can cause a lot of lost yardage.

Also you can roll back and away from the RB, the trick is to do it when the defense is in zone not man, otherwise you might as well kiss the play goodbye. If you drop back and wait for the D-line to pressure you can lob it over their heads and hope that you have enough time to turn around.

Pats 5-wide has a great screen in it to the closest reciever to the line, the tackle kicks out and the screen is usually good for a catch. Now gaining yards is a coin toss but you can get a catch almost all the time, most of the time i'll get 1-4 yards, sometimes i get the magic blocks and break a big one.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
Same here, I'm actually shocked when a screen does work. It's like the rb says: "Okay....let me think...alright maybe I'll start running now." lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »