Home

Few misc questions

This is a discussion on Few misc questions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Few misc questions

Hello everyone, I'm just getting into this game and love it. I made my own little roster set by just updating ratings and names for skill positions and key players in the game without using an editor or the computer. I play on the original Xbox that has been modded to play old Nintendo games and what not, not sure if that is what people mean when they say modded Xbox. Anyways my questions are:
How do you change sub in and sub out. I have not seen this in the game.
What would be the best way to make the 49ers like they are in real life, I want to switch them to a 3-4 defense but I do not know what to do with an offensive playbook. I do not think the pistol or read option are in the game.
Also,does anyone have any little tips or changes they do in the game without using an editor that makes the game more like today's NFL.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Few misc questions

You should pick up a Action Replay by Datel. If you go to nfl2k5roster.com the rosters are already updated for you and ready to be downloaded. They are about $20. Also depending in what kind of computer system you have, they can tell you if your action replay is compatible or not.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

The actual rosters are not a huge deal for me as I already have them edited to my liking. Do the rosters you download come with different playbooks also?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
The actual rosters are not a huge deal for me as I already have them edited to my liking. Do the rosters you download come with different playbooks also?
With the editor you're able to change teams playbooks.

To answer your other questions auto subs are in the pause menu when you start up a game. Gameplan-->Auto Subs.

Your best bet to make the 49ers like their real life counterparts is to probably make a custom playbook.

Also, I have a modded ps2 (shhh) and I'm able to transfer saves back and forth without the need of an action replay. I'm not sure how it is with an xbox but if it has some type of file manager you might be able to.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
With the editor you're able to change teams playbooks.

To answer your other questions auto subs are in the pause menu when you start up a game. Gameplan-->Auto Subs.

Your best bet to make the 49ers like their real life counterparts is to probably make a custom playbook.

Also, I have a modded ps2 (shhh) and I'm able to transfer saves back and forth without the need of an action replay. I'm not sure how it is with an xbox but if it has some type of file manager you might be able to.
"Shhhhh" you! lol I have been trying to figure this out for the longest! How did you get a modded PS2?. I have been trying to do this for the longest. I just ended up buying an action replay for the xbox original, and I play on there. If I had a chance to play on PS2 though, that would be a lot better for me though. TY for all your hard work on your roster! I just downloaded them tonight and will try them a bit later tonight. I will come back to post feedback on them later tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCClassic7807
"Shhhhh" you! lol I have been trying to figure this out for the longest! How did you get a modded PS2?. I have been trying to do this for the longest. I just ended up buying an action replay for the xbox original, and I play on there. If I had a chance to play on PS2 though, that would be a lot better for me though. TY for all your hard work on your roster! I just downloaded them tonight and will try them a bit later tonight. I will come back to post feedback on them later tonight.
Haha thanks for checking them out.

My ps2 is soft-modded with a memory card "hack."
You'll still need an action replay/max drive, a ps1 game, a "hack" save and obviously an extra memory card.

I'm sure this kind of talk isn't allowed so if you want more details send me a PM. I'll dig up the tutorial if I can find it. It's pretty easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »