Home

Player models need A LOT of attention next year (56K warning)

This is a discussion on Player models need A LOT of attention next year (56K warning) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Player models need A LOT of attention next year (56K warning)

After playing all 3 games today i think Fever has the best graphics just terrible animation, camera view, and gameplay while Madden is just good at everything and ESPN is just FLAT. Madden models have a better shape and VC needs to fix this flat issue and funny running problem.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2003, 12:12 AM   #2
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Player models need A LOT of attention next year (56K warning)

But maddens is the less life like of the bunch.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:06 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Not only that. These still pictures do nothing for any of these games in motion.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

All that gave me a good laugh and the pictures were just icing on the cake.

ESPN has the best player models period. Fever uses more polygons but still looks jacked compared to ESPN. Just look at the "Seahawks" on the ESPN and Fever jerseys. Madden ain't even close. The only good thing about Maddens player models is they get dirty during games. Other than that Madden is just straight booty.

This FLAT crap is killing me. Everybody acts like every player in the NFL has a beer gut or something. One of the main reasons why the players without beer guts have Flat stomachs is because they have flat stomachs but also it's hard to get the number to not clip into the uniforms. I'm not saying it can't be done VC just doesn't use their time to do that. VC is using their time putting other more important things in their game.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

madden does have the best run animation but i was playing the fever demo on pg2 and for some reason i was feeling it more then when i bought it when it first came out and i love the atmosphere of the game it does have the best sound.
But back to the topic i feel espn has the best models.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2003, 11:35 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

The way these development companies seem to work nowadays, we won't see revamped models until the next game system or game engine. And you probably won't see a new engine until you see a new game system so, whenever those come out...

These companies like to get blood out of a stone so to speak with game engines. Tweaked models at best, but they'll look the same to the untrained eye.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:46 AM   #7
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Guess it all just depends on what you like. Personally I think that ESPN has the best player models of any of the football games by FAR.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
The way these development companies seem to work nowadays, we won't see revamped models until the next game system or game engine. And you probably won't see a new engine until you see a new game system so, whenever those come out...

These companies like to get blood out of a stone so to speak with game engines. Tweaked models at best, but they'll look the same to the untrained eye.

ESPN just redid their models and they have had drastic changes pretty much every year. In fact I think for the most part the same is true for Gameday and Fever too...all but Madden. And there are lots of good things and/or at least debatable things you can say about Madden but to say the player models in still shots look better than anything else is just laughable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »