Home

Issue I have with the draft classes in ESPN...

This is a discussion on Issue I have with the draft classes in ESPN... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2003, 05:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Issue I have with the draft classes in ESPN...

In my franchise, I'm in 2007 and I haven't seen one WR that hass 4 years of experience or less rated above 82. What's up with that?! When I'll be in 2010 there won't be any good WRs in the game. Every year there seems to be some positions where you'll get a lot of good playesr but after 4 years, it has yet to happen to me. AM I the only one who has this problem?

And I just gor a Dirty Disc Error message! Nooooooooooooooo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Issue I have with the draft classes in ESPN...

what do u expect rookie wr's arent really too good there 1st year i can only remember moss doing insane and probably this year's anquan boldin. but if u expect them to be in like the 90's thats way too much.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:57 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:

AtlantaFalconFan said:
what do u expect rookie wr's arent really too good there 1st year i can only remember moss doing insane and probably this year's anquan boldin. but if u expect them to be in like the 90's thats way too much.

maybe I explained myself wrong, but what I mean is that none of the wr guys from rookie to 4 years in the league are rated above 82 across the league. Hell even though I didn't draft him there was a RB rated 89 right out of the draft (I'm still kicking myself for that cause he slipped to the 13th pick). The wrs don't seem to come out with a good rating and progress in minimal all aroung the league. On the other hand, that is not the case for players that are not wrs in my franchise.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:26 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Other than Moss and Boldin you don't get a lot of WRs being good striaght out of the box. Most WRs have to learn how to run better routes and learn how to deal with better and faster DBs than they're used to in college. A young WRs biggest problem is dealing with bump n run and reading defenses and breaking off to hot routes.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Other than Moss and Boldin you don't get a lot of WRs being good striaght out of the box. Most WRs have to learn how to run better routes and learn how to deal with better and faster DBs than they're used to in college. A young WRs biggest problem is dealing with bump n run and reading defenses and breaking off to hot routes.

I am most definitely aware of that, but at least 2 or 3 wrs who have 3 or 4 years of experience should be rated above 82. None of them are at the moment. NFL 2K3 did a better jod of that in my experience. Andre Johnson is rated at 91 right now, and Charles Rogers is above 90 as well in my franchise. I hope my next two drafts will produce better receivers, cause now all I have to do is stop the running game and I can win easily. I do not believe that in a year they will improve that much. Most of them were rated in the 60s coming out of college, which is why I haven't drafted that many receivers. I just want to know if I should worry about that or if it was simply the result of bad drafts in my franchise in that aspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2003, 12:16 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

true

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »