Home

I wanted to Share my first Xbox Live experience with ya'll.Share some.

This is a discussion on I wanted to Share my first Xbox Live experience with ya'll.Share some. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2003, 02:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I wanted to Share my first Xbox Live experience with ya\'ll.Share some.

Seriously. That whole thing is substory. I was just interested in some of ya'll stories about wack opponents. Like cats that pull the plug when they go down 2 tds or what have you.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

wwharton said:
his statement is not self hatred and not something that should be discussed in this forum, let alone this thread. in short, whether you agree or not with the use of the word in which he says it's ok, there is no doubt there is a big difference between that usage and the one of the guy that was playing.

wwharton, trust, your ill equipped to debate with me about the state of Black America. I will respect the wishes of the original poster and not discuss this any further in this thread. BUT, I would welcome a chance to have some dialogue with you about the subject.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

wwharton said:
his statement is not self hatred and not something that should be discussed in this forum, let alone this thread. in short, whether you agree or not with the use of the word in which he says it's ok, there is no doubt there is a big difference between that usage and the one of the guy that was playing.

wwharton, trust, your ill equipped to debate with me about the state of Black America. I will respect the wishes of the original poster and not discuss this any further in this thread. BUT, I would welcome a chance to have some dialogue with you about the subject.

You're making it very hard for me to stay out of this but I'll keep this brief. Because I don't feel a need to advertise my race in any discussion including one specifically about race doesn't mean you should feel comfortable insulting my knowledge on this subject. No matter my race (which is no secret and I'm sure many here know), you have no idea of my background in multiculturalism or race relations or on a more simple level, who I choose to hang with when I'm not a bunch of words on a message board. For someone so sensative about a word you're pretty careless in your quick replies based on your assumptions alone. Trust ME, I'm more than equipped enough to have this conversation with you or anyone else but I choose not to b/c this is a message board about a video game.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:08 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

i have not experienced this often, once in NFL 2K3 and another time in ESPN Hockey. Both times my opponent sounded like a 12 year old so it did not matter. I however heard it a ton of times while playing Midtown Madness and it was part of the reason why the game went back to the store quickly. People who play football videogames are more mature usually so not a whole lot of people will make racist comments on XBL.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:44 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: I wanted to Share my first Xbox Live experience with ya\'ll.Share s

hey new guy i made a post like this last year when i gave someone a whoopin in ncaa basketball the guy didn't use the word ****** but he said u people but he waited until i whooped him to say it. Some people on here said that i was wrong cuz i was saying get up or oh i dunked it on u or what not while we was playing but nothing justifies ignorance and if he didn't like what i said he could of just muted me and not listen to a word i said. So keep playing fam and whoopin them out or do what i do now when i play sports game.

When u start say whats up and say hey i don't talk during games cuz i can't concentrate and play and at the end of games out of respect say good game and leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2003, 10:45 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I wanted to Share my first Xbox Live experience with ya\'ll.Share s

Quote:

HoodedSoldier said:

When u start say whats up and say hey i don't talk during games cuz i can't concentrate and play and at the end of games out of respect say good game and leave it at that.

Thats what I am up to now. I do show respect for big plays or stops. If I get schooled. I show respect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »