Home

Is it Cheese to Scramble with the QB?

This is a discussion on Is it Cheese to Scramble with the QB? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Is it Cheese to Scramble with the QB?

Back in 2K1 on the DC, I took Pittsburgh in a season. I thought it would be fun to run around with Kordell Stewart. Unfortunately it didn't take too long to realize that the defense was totally unequipt to handle it and I could run at will. That got pretty boring fast and ever since, I have been in the habit of never scrambling with the QB. I'll roll out, or buy some time by leaving the pocket, but I don't cross the line of scrimmage.

Is the CPU better about containing the QB now? Should I feel guilty about scrambling and succeeding on that 3rd and 8 situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2003, 03:27 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 23
Re: Is it Cheese to Scramble with the QB?

Scrambling is my specialty.

Against the computer I would say its cheese, because you can pick up 8-10 yards at will and they never seem to adjust. On the other hand I don't think its cheese in multiplayer because I have played alot of people who have adjusted to my style and have totally shut me down.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #3
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

OVR: 8

It may be cheese to run against the computer but Vick/McNair/McNabb/Flutie etc. could probably gain 5-6 years if they ran with the ball more often than not. The game reflects that advantage. Playing as the Giants, I am lucky if I can gain 2 yards if I scrambled with Collins.
Personally, if there is no one open, and I have a scrambler - I will run with the ball and collect some yardage. Using Collins, I usually wait a little longer for a receiver to get open. If he doesn't get open and I am outside the tackles, the ball gets thrown away.

You shouldn't feel guilty about getting the first down with a scrambler.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

I've really been doing more scrambling in my last three games. The first two I was never able to get that first down, i'd get drug down like a yard or two short everytime. In the last game I was running really good with Vick, I had like 5 rushes for like 42 yards. Thing is I don't do the play with the intent to scramble, I only scramble if it's a totally defensed play I chose.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #5
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
Scrambling is my specialty.

and it's really annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2003, 02:02 PM   #6
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

Quote:

MSRoble33 said:
I've really been doing more scrambling in my last three games. The first two I was never able to get that first down, i'd get drug down like a yard or two short everytime. In the last game I was running really good with Vick, I had like 5 rushes for like 42 yards. Thing is I don't do the play with the intent to scramble, I only scramble if it's a totally defensed play I chose.

This is my point. If you choose a passing play, with the intent to scramble - I'd have to say that's nearing the cheese zone. Scrambling because your play is defended is just simply making something out of nothing. I'm not going to even mention the QB scramble play cause for some reason the defense always knows when you select that play cause they collapse the wedge that's created in the middle for the QB sneak.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #7
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

i had some dude run a sweep left to Dunn and then scramble right w/ Vick everytime. I beat his ***. He quit in the 2nd quarter. Go ahead and scramble, but don't whine when i break your QBs legs!
Old 12-04-2003, 09:28 PM   #8
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

Quote:

Methlab said:
i had some dude run a sweep left to Dunn and then scramble right w/ Vick everytime. I beat his ***. He quit in the 2nd quarter. Go ahead and scramble, but don't whine when i break your QBs legs!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »