Home

I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO ELIMINATE ALL FLAWS IN GAMEPLAY

This is a discussion on I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO ELIMINATE ALL FLAWS IN GAMEPLAY within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2003, 12:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO ELIMINATE ALL FLAWS IN GAMEPLAY

i am finally done it after a week of testing my theory out. it is a rigorous process so you have to be up for it and OMG it is extremely worth it. i somehow have balanced every aspect of any NFL game perfectly. this is not sliders settings. This is how i did it. I found out in all ESPN games, the player ratings are flawed. For example, if you go through the ratings in ESPN football, you will find out that the running backs are stronger than the Linebackers. that is the one of the reasons for the miss tackles.

RUNNING BACKS
CHANGE EVERY RUNNING BACK TO THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS
STRENGTH
Power and Balanced Running backs - 60-70
Finesse- Dont change
AGGRESSIVENESS
Power running backs- change every power runningbacks rating to 90. this is really helpful because the runningbacks will do more shoulder charges and fight for yards
BREAKTACKLE
This is very important because it really changes the game. Reduce all runningbacks in the game by 15. Now it harder to get that 50+ yard gain.

SPEED
Lower every runningbacks with their speed over 90 by 3

CONSISTENCY
make the consistency rating of every runninback with a OVR rating over 80 the same as the OVR.

WIDE RECIEVERS
STAMINA
Increase the stamina every player with a rating over 80 to match their rating

KICKERS
Lower the Accuracy of every kicker by 40. This will make the feild goals harder.

RUNCOVERAGE RATING
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AND EFFECTIVE CHANGE
match ever defensive player's run coverage rating with their speed so if the player's speed is 90 their run coverage is 90.

DB(including Safeties)
lower their tackle rating by 10

LINEBACKERS
Make every linebackers strength stronger than 60 if they are not already.

Defensive Linemen
Make every DL stronger than 70

Results
After playing with this changes, i found out their are more big hits and there are gang tackles almost on every play. this is because i changed the Run coverage rating. The run Coverage rating determines speed so now players are running at real speed all the time. you will not see a defensive lineman chase down micheal Vick anymore. the DB are now faster to the ball like real life but just like real life they will miss tackles. Another thing i found out that just absolutely amazes me is i see more animations now. i think it because of the plethora of gang tackles. the running game has improved greatly on both sides because of the change in break tackles rating and aggressiveness. With my ratings, big plays dont happen often like before. The biggest thing i noticed is the DB play more aggressive with the WR on Mancoverage. you really have to time your passes now and slant routes are not automatic no more. i think its is the Run coverage rating controlling this but it is amazing how good they play defense now. you actually have to worry about which CB which you are throwing at. i will never throw to champ bailey side agaain he picked me off twice on a slant route. he actually dove on one of the picks. i was so pissed and excited at the same time. Overall i think i have perfected the speed of the game. You could know tell the fast from the slow and it is beautiful.
im 3-4 in my franchise with the bengals and im have so much fun that i cant even explain it. if you take time and try this you will not be dissapointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 01:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO ELIMINATE ALL FLAWS IN GAMEPLAY

Quote:

Dapo said:
i am finally done it after a week of testing my theory out. it is a rigorous process so you have to be up for it and OMG it is extremely worth it. i somehow have balanced every aspect of any NFL game perfectly. this is not sliders settings. This is how i did it. I found out in all ESPN games, the player ratings are flawed. For example, if you go through the ratings in ESPN football, you will find out that the running backs are stronger than the Linebackers. that is the one of the reasons for the miss tackles.

RUNNING BACKS
STRENGTH
Finesse- Dont change
AGGRESSIVENESS
Power running backs- change every power runningbacks rating to 90. this is really helpful because the runningbacks will do more shoulder charges and fight for yards
BREAKTACKLE
This is very important because it really changes the game. Reduce all runningbacks in the game by 15. Now it harder to get that 50+ yard gain.

SPEED

CONSISTENCY
make the consistency rating of every runninback with a OVR rating over 80 the same as the OVR.

WIDE RECIEVERS
STAMINA

KICKERS
Lower the Accuracy of every kicker by 40. This will make the feild goals harder.

RUNCOVERAGE RATING
match ever defensive player's run coverage rating with their speed so if the player's speed is 90 their run coverage is 90.

DB(including Safeties)

LINEBACKERS

Defensive Linemen

Results
After playing with this changes, i found out their are more big hits and there are gang tackles almost on every play. this is because i changed the Run coverage rating. The run Coverage rating determines speed so now players are running at real speed all the time. you will not see a defensive lineman chase down micheal Vick anymore. the DB are now faster to the ball like real life but just like real life they will miss tackles. Another thing i found out that just absolutely amazes me is i see more animations now. i think it because of the plethora of gang tackles. the running game has improved greatly on both sides because of the change in break tackles rating and aggressiveness. With my ratings, big plays dont happen often like before. The biggest thing i noticed is the DB play more aggressive with the WR on Mancoverage. you really have to time your passes now and slant routes are not automatic no more. i think its is the Run coverage rating controlling this but it is amazing how good they play defense now. you actually have to worry about which CB which you are throwing at. i will never throw to champ bailey side agaain he picked me off twice on a slant route. he actually dove on one of the picks. i was so pissed and excited at the same time. Overall i think i have perfected the speed of the game. You could know tell the fast from the slow and it is beautiful.
im 3-4 in my franchise with the bengals and im have so much fun that i cant even explain it. if you take time and try this you will not be dissapointed.

why dont you just post the roster update in the downloads section for us
Old 12-09-2003, 01:17 AM   #3
24fps

triplej96's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

Dapo said:

RUNNING BACKS
STRENGTH
Finesse- Dont change
AGGRESSIVENESS
BREAKTACKLE

SPEED

CONSISTENCY

WIDE RECIEVERS
STAMINA

KICKERS

RUNCOVERAGE RATING

DB(including Safeties)

LINEBACKERS

Defensive Linemen

Results

why dont you just post the roster update in the downloads section for us

Old 12-09-2003, 01:22 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

......PS2.....
Old 12-09-2003, 01:47 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

Dapo said:
......PS2.....

ahhh...so wat that mean...no xbox
:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 02:26 AM   #6
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Dapo, how long does it take to edit all this bruh?
seems like it has logic to it...we'll see!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:32 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

so, no slider adjustments...just default all-pro with these ratings adjustments??
Old 12-09-2003, 05:09 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

On my Franchise in ALL-PRO, on my entire 16 games I never had problems stopping the run play. I realize that if there is only one person holding off the run play there is a HUGE tendency of a broken tackle. And it is logical since the running back is on a charge position while the LB is on the adjusting position. I also notice that broken tackle is a result of you LB not having a good position in holding the person. Most of the time I see Ricky Williams loss 2 or 3 yards on Charles Woodson. But that only happens if Woodson manage to square his shoulder on Williams. Sometimes Romanowski can take down Williams alone if he gets Williams squared with his shoulder. But if you have a low rated LB standing in front of Williams, even if he gets William squared, he will be runover.

But 2 low rated LB on Williams can also drop him. My strategy will be to drop a wall on the running play. That will force the CPU to pass since they are not getting results on the running play. Also watch the tendency. On the 1st down, usualy is a run play. If they loss 2 or 3 yards on the first play, they will pass on the 2nd down. If they are succesful on the running play on the 1st down assuming they manage to gain 4 or 6 yards, it will be a running play even on 3rd down so you can basically expect what's going to happen next since there tendency is only a reflection of the success of your defense.

Gaining 3 yards only on the 1st down will force the CPU to pass on the 3rd down. On 2nd down it is random for the most part whether to pass or not when they only have 7 yards to go. But then again, it is your game and you guys has all the rights to do play the game the way you wanted it to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »