Home

Too many fumbles

This is a discussion on Too many fumbles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
Banned

bigmark's Arena

OVR: 8
Too many fumbles

Does anybody know of a way to tone down the fumbles on this game?
I don't need them completely eliminated like in year's past, but it's starting to get ridiculous. It's like playing at home late in the season is a disadvantage with the Bills. I understand Travis Henry had some fumble problems last year - but even so - 8 fumbles in 16 games last year is only 1 every 2 games if my math is correct. On this game he's dropping it 3-5 times per game with any percipitation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Too many fumbles

I think that they do fumble a bit much in the rain. But at it goes both ways.(At least in my experience it does). I always check the SECURE BALL rating on receivers and RB's/FB's when I draft. THEY TAKE THE MOST VICIOUS HITS IN THE GAME. It's a major factor for me and I usually don't take anyone rated lower that 70 in that area.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #3
Banned

bigmark's Arena

Hmmm, well that's the most frustrating part about it - it doesn't go both ways for me. Unless I'm doing something wrong with my tackling technique?
Old 12-09-2003, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

bigmark said:
Does anybody know of a way to tone down the fumbles on this game?
I don't need them completely eliminated like in year's past, but it's starting to get ridiculous. It's like playing at home late in the season is a disadvantage with the Bills. I understand Travis Henry had some fumble problems last year - but even so - 8 fumbles in 16 games last year is only 1 every 2 games if my math is correct. On this game he's dropping it 3-5 times per game with any percipitation.

Fatigue is a factor and I think fumbling is also the ai's way to stop you from running the same play over and over. Also don't forget to challenge, not all fumbles are fumbles. I am fumbling alot less than I did last season, but I am still at the top of the league in fumbling with Lee Suggs
who has a ball secure rating in the 90's.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

After the huddle, are you allowing your ballcarrier or receiver stamina to come to full bar? This has alot to do with how well he hangs on to the pigskin based on his strenght to counter oncoming big hits. This I know hands-on when rushed out of the huddle to the o-line to run the last play, if he's at half bar, then expect to fumble on occasion. This goes with QB's as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2003, 03:30 PM   #6
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

switch hands with the stiff arm so the ball is on the outside of the tackler. i had the same problem with LT2 until i did that.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
Banned

bigmark's Arena

Yes, I always make sure my RB has full stamina. I even make a conscious effort to rotate my carries - giving the sweeps to McGahee and the stuff between the tackles to Henry.
Thanks though - I will try the stiff arm thing
Old 12-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

1. you can adjust your auto subs b/c fatigued players do fumble more and get hurt more.

2. the more special moves you do the more the chance you will fumble... especially charged moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »