Home

Injuries

This is a discussion on Injuries within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Injuries

does anyone else get alot of unjuries in this game especially star players and linebackers its really starting to piss me off. In my last rams franchise i never had consistently starting linebackers and it looks like its going that way in my tennessee chise too, very anoying, also lost Kearse for 22 weeks but hes kinda injury prone anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2003, 04:28 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: Injuries

Sure... are you claiming that this doesn't happen in real life?
Old 12-11-2003, 05:18 PM   #3
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

hey, i wish there were less injuries in real life. no football game has ever mimiced the true amount of NFL real life injuries. if the game had the real amount of injuries we would really be complaining. i love the amount they have so far. it really makes you work in the draft and free agency to make your team deep.

by the way, since you are in wales and just got the game, how do you like it so far other than the injuries?
Old 12-12-2003, 08:14 AM   #4
Pro

Dregur's Arena

OVR: 5

I once lost both my starting cornerbacks, my star running back, my inside linebacker (which had no depth whatsoever), and my best defensive lineman.

Yeah, injuries are bad, but this is football man. Hard smash mouth...oh sonva, I just lost my star QB for 5 weeks, and my only backups are Shaun King and Mike McMahon.

-The Grinman
Old 12-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Excellent, so this game has injuries that you actually have to care about. I was so frustrated with this playing Madden that I started to guess which players could be injured and for how long and just took them off the depth charts. But that sucks.

Anyway, good to hear that ESPN has players getting injured on a regular basis and for longer time periods. Madden has "Will return soon" 90% of the time .

How serious is the usual injury in ESPN?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

My first year I had around 8 guys injured and still made the playoffs!

Now I don't get that many anymore (unfortunately) but my star TE who's rated at 99 right now is always injured along with one of my RB. Because of that I have yet to get a 1000 yard rusher, since they are always injured. I had to trade Jamal Lewis cause he was never available to play.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like the amount of injuries. Usually i only have 2 or 3 big injuries per season, but in week 1 of my new franchise with th updated rosters i had 4 guys injured in my first game. Nick Barnett my MLB for 20 weeks with a torn ACL. Mike Mckenzie my #1 corner for 4 weeks with back spasms. Tony fisher my 3rd running back for 4 weeks with a fractured arm, and Marqueas Anderson my startign safet for 16 weeks with something on his knee, i forget what it was. But this game makes drafting and fee agency as important as in the nfl which makes it really cool, and it makes you play wiht what you have. My packers defense was rated 84 in week 1, and now its down to 71, so i have to do soemthing to win games instead of relying on my d to make stands
Old 12-13-2003, 07:13 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Radja said:
hey, i wish there were less injuries in real life. no football game has ever mimiced the true amount of NFL real life injuries. if the game had the real amount of injuries we would really be complaining. i love the amount they have so far. it really makes you work in the draft and free agency to make your team deep.

by the way, since you are in wales and just got the game, how do you like it so far other than the injuries?

Yeah i really like the game, actually thats an understatement i had last years game also, that was cool too but this years is so much better. I wasnt really complaining about the amount of injuries i was just a bit pissed off i guess, i mean in madden u can go through a season with none at all, now thats realism!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »