Home

Check out this article from IGN....

This is a discussion on Check out this article from IGN.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2003, 06:15 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Check out this article from IGN....

Honestly, after re reading it, I don't see these connections. The Crib, animation transitions, and play of the game are the only things that ESPN has, or that they mentioned ESPN at all. Goaline leaps too, but those are very poorly done.

This list was actually really bad, and didn't even mention a lot of the things that need fixing the most.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:27 PM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Umm...they aren't copying ESPN, they are copying the NFL. They aren't saying these things because ESPN has them, their saying them because they are things that need to be done to make the game more realistic. If both games tried to make their own game completely, and wouldn't do anything the same as the other game, both games would suck.

The crib. They want that and they want everything that is in espn and whatever is done better in espn then madden.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:30 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Quote:

Umm...they aren't copying ESPN, they are copying the NFL. They aren't saying these things because ESPN has them, their saying them because they are things that need to be done to make the game more realistic. If both games tried to make their own game completely, and wouldn't do anything the same as the other game, both games would suck.

The crib. They want that and they want everything that is in espn and whatever is done better in espn then madden.

Again, what would you like them to do? Leave those things how they are, instead of improving on them? Besides the crib, none of those things are really revolutionary features or anything, they are things you expect a good football game to do. Just like I would hope VC does a lot of the franchise things, and a few other things from EA's game next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2003, 06:32 PM   #12

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again, what would you like them to do? Leave those things how they are, instead of improving on them? Besides the crib, none of those things are really revolutionary features or anything, they are things you expect a good football game to do. Just like I would hope VC does a lot of the franchise things, and a few other things from EA's game next year.

They specifically mention espn when they ask for most of those things. Espn has all of those things and does all of them better. They basically want what espn is already.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:36 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

LOL this is kind of off topic, but I want to see Madden TRY and copy the things that ESPN has, and I want to see them suck really bad, but then I want to see the Maddenites try to prove that their things are much better (if they had FPF and a Crib feature).
Old 12-16-2003, 06:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

LOL this is kind of off topic, but I want to see Madden TRY and copy the things that ESPN has, and I want to see them suck really bad, but then I want to see the Maddenites try to prove that their things are much better (if they had FPF and a Crib feature).

i want to see what maddenmania would have to say
Old 12-16-2003, 06:39 PM   #15

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

I really want to see them try to replicate the crib because all the maddenites were talking about how it was a "martha stewart mode" when it's completely different. I want ot see them try to defend madden copy the crib and fpm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2003, 06:41 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

yea...another year of madden cards would be dull to say the least

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »