Home

Coach mode players: Let's chat

This is a discussion on Coach mode players: Let's chat within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2003, 12:56 AM   #9
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coach mode players: Let\'s chat

I think I might try that, changing CPU running (lower, higher). I sure as heck don't have time for adjusting players individually, even though it might actually work. after three or four seasons, you eventually would have to do it all over again. How the heck can anyone play a 15 min per qtr game? it takes me, on average about 1 hour to play ten minute quarters. Much longer if I get ahead and the CPU team starts passing a lot, which slows down the game as well.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:29 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just finished a 15 minute quarter game and while it does take a long time, at the end of it you feel like you attended a real game. The game takes on the rhythm of a real NFL game. It takes about 2 hours but once you get absorbed into coaching, the time goes by very quickly.

I'm still not sure what to do about sliders. I just played at New Orleans and I held Deuce to under 100 yds. I have really improved my defense through the draft/free agency and I call a very conservative game, but I know the margin of error is very thin in this game. I went into the practice mode and played with the sliders but I really couldn't make a solid decision as to whether I needed to make changes or not. I kept replaying the same offensive play and I switched the defensive plays/shifts/players etc. and the biggest variables seemed to be the players on the field and defensive play calls. The sliders only seemed to matter in the extreme (i.e. way to the left or right). I'm completely confused by sliders and still prefer to blame myself rather than start messing with the game engine.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:

Dbrows said:
Lugosi,

Could you pass along the slider settings you use for the running game? It sounds like your happy with your results.

Is everybody, except me, able to run the ball in a realistic fashion? I have the Lions so I'm going with the theory that my offensive line is part of the problem (as well as James Stewarts 37 consistency). Over the off-season I cleared a lot of cap run, picked up 3 offensive linemen and drafted a HB, I hope this does the trick because I am having far to many 23 attempts for 35 yards games.

Also, there was a big discussion on this board about the impact of the coaching gameplan. Have any of you noticed that they seem to work opposite from what you would expect? (ex. move slider towards pass defense and you will stop the run).

Finally, I agree that home field advantage is definately noticable. It doesn't seem to have the exact same impact every game which is good, but it does make you nervous about road games. I also like how you get smaller crowds when two 4-9 teams hook up.

BTW I alternate between 15 minute games (all replays and let the clock run) and 11 minute "speed up" games (no replays and fast play calls).

I have the Cpu running yp to the third bar which is about 3/4 way. This seems to make it very realistic. Remember it's play calling also. But I allow that if the CPU seems to have a better back I will bring my DB's closer to the LOS.

You can't let these power backs get going. Once you do it's like someone says they are almost impossible to stop. I also swing my LB's to the side i think the runner may go. Example...The very first game I played against the Packers and Ahamed Greem ran 32 times for 192....The next time I played him I stacked the DB's...I occassionally got burned but overall I was able to stop him 22 attempts for 93 yards and I won 27-20.

It's true. For some reason if you play at 15 minute QTRs (after tweaking to get the realism right) it takes on the actual rthymn of a real game. You would think there's no way...But it does. Just don't skip the instant replays because the clock is running while these are being shown.

The only complaint I have with coach mose and it's a very small one is you can't call a fair catch or send a player in motion...Other than that it's by far a much more real football experience.

Never would I have thought I would get so much fum out of this way. But this game was meant to be used with the TV style look and man it delivers. I like Madden for what it's worth, (owners mode) but it can't touch the realism of this game......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2003, 12:16 PM   #12
Rookie

anybody post good coaching mode sliders w/penalty settings included?
Old 12-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #13
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I like coach mode for the fact that I have terrible digital dexterity, very poor; however, I don't play coach mode exclusively because you can't send anyone in motion, or call hot routes. I feel that limits what I want to do on offense, and isn't very realistic. On regular mode, the only thing I have to control is the actual passing of the football, the computer takes everything else over. With this, I can motion, and hot route.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:27 PM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Its been sometime since I've seen this topic come up about "Coach/Watch" sliders glad to see there are still some guys who play this way.
Lately I've been into the NBA basketball games but still find time to check out my Football games so keep posting and chatting about the "Coach" game and keep it true to the game. I'm liking what I've been reading on this board.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:15 AM   #15
Rookie

actually, since the computer is in charge of "playing" out the play in coach mode, shouldn't both teams be equal on ths slider scale?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »